Youtube Fair Use Campaign

Home Forums Off Topic Youtube Fair Use Campaign

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Shinra Kuroki Shinra Kuroki 1 year ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Where’s The Fair Use? – Nostalgia Critic

Spread this to everyone. Looks like war is about to happen at Youtube.

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

This is fucking despicable. Just fucking despicable. This means Hollywood can practically forbid you from making videos just because of saying the name of a movie. This is just purely fucking despicable, how hungry and avaricious have to be these studios, to the point of not only being illegal, but morally wrong, it’s just cringe worthy.

And I have to agree with the NC about No Face being the mascot of these studios: faceless, greedy and leaving destruction on it’s path.

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster

Well, I’m no lawyer, but luckily there’s a precident being set in the US regarding how copyright law is interpreted, legally.
    https://www.eff.org/press/releases/important-win-fair-use-dancing-baby-lawsuit

How YouTube handles copyright complaints on their own service, however, remains a mystery. Luckily, as we’ve witnessed with #RIPTwitter, there’s ample proof that there’s plenty of other smaller services that are hungry for users and might be far more flexible.

Here’s some helpful info on Fair Use (if YouTube starts caring again):
    https://www.eff.org/pages/fair-use-principles-user-generated-video-content

Shinra Kuroki
    Shinra Kuroki
    Participant

So YouTube just took down TeamFourStar’s channel yesterday. They’re best know for Dragonball Z Abridged. Luckily, TeamFourStar has there own website to host their videos. If you haven’t seen them, you should go do that now. Bloody YouTube.

"Now, I’ve forgiven the world and myself, too. I teach myself to smile again. One day I’ll get there, I know I will. Even if it takes me not nine, but nine hundred lives." -Susan Ashworth from The Cat Lady

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.