Why More Gay Men Need To Claim Anti-Feminism

Home Forums Off Topic Why More Gay Men Need To Claim Anti-Feminism

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Shinra Kuroki Shinra Kuroki 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Shinra Kuroki
    Shinra Kuroki
    Participant

So I decided that I really hated myself today, so I decided to read an HuffPo article that was in my Twitter feed. I can’t rationalize it any other way.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/aaron-barksdale/more-gay-men-need-to-claim-feminism_b_8106446.html

https://archive.is/GYFzc

So HuffPo is now calling gay men to stand up for women and declare themselves feminists, but “…Not in a queer-opting or mansplaining way”. So you want our support, but not our input or critique. This treating of men as a second class activists only guarantees that I will never support your sexist movement. If feminism wants the gays, they need to treat us like human beings and not act like them supporting our rights as a favor they can call us in to pay them back. I don’t owe you anything except my ire for treating my sexuality like a new roster to draft people into your feminist cult. I’ve always seen allies to the LGBT movement as full members, that their views were just as valuable as my own, that their views were another piece to the puzzle.

Unlike women, the LGBT community is a small percentage of the main population, so we had no choice but to ask for allies to lend us their hands and their support. Women make up about half the population and they still have the gull to ask for special treatment. Calling women a minority is a complete farce. Feminism wants to be it’s own judge and jury, which has lead to them being so toxic that they have alienated ~80% of women. You now want to make a larger tent in feminism while still not opening it up to critique? Echo chambers are by principal, small. You can’t maintain hegemony over a large group of people, especially over someone who has been previously marginalized by other groups. Gay men will not be your new pawns for your game of political chess; we will be the queens that will put you into check. The truth is, gay men had enough of being dictated to by people who claim the moral authority; the same trick isn’t going to work twice. To radical third wave feminism I say “Bring it on!” I know it’s only a matter of time before you show even more of your homophobia, cause when you don’t get what you want, your only response is to shame people for not doing what you want. Check feminists and soon it’ll be checkmate.

"Now, I’ve forgiven the world and myself, too. I teach myself to smile again. One day I’ll get there, I know I will. Even if it takes me not nine, but nine hundred lives." -Susan Ashworth from The Cat Lady

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.