Who are your favorite YouTubers (besides CCS obviously)

Home Forums Off Topic Who are your favorite YouTubers (besides CCS obviously)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  0megablaster 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Shinra Kuroki
    Shinra Kuroki
    Participant

I replaced most of my TV watching with YouTube a few years ago. I’m subscribed to so many channels that I got YouTubeVideoDeck addon to chrome to help me keep organized. So I’ll list off a lot of my favorite YouTubes that I like.

(The Trifecta: TotalBiscuit, Jesse Cox, and Dodger [PressHeart2Continue]. They do my favorite podcast called “The Co-Optional Podcast” where they occasionally talk about video games. They usually start off the podcast by introducing that weeks guest, talking about what they played, talk about gaming news, and then talk about up coming releases; all the while getting constantly getting off topic and having a jolly good time)

TotalBiscuit does news, First Impressions of recent games, and a rare blog when something warrants it. He’s very objective, clever, and wants to inform his fans about all else. He is a great defender of the art that is video games and is very fun to watch. His series of First Impressions on video games are responsible from some of the best games in my Steam Library.

Jesse Cox: He does LPs, a weekly show on indie game, a Q&A blog, a morning “radio” show on SoundCloud, and on every Friday he does a one-off with a game his fans suggested to him. He very funny, competent at video games (or at least good at editing his footage lol), and has some hilarious voices. His channel is my favorite LP channel and I watch him play games for him, not necessarily the game he is playing.

Dodger: Does gaming news once a week and uploads LPs of visual novel, anime stuff, and weird anime games. She is also on the weekday news for Polaris called “The Daily Bite”, is a Co-host for a weekly podcast call MangaPod, which is a weekly manga book club, and is usually on “The FriendZone” podcast which YouTubers dress up in kigurumis and play video games, card games, board games, and party games. They tend to feature YouTubers in the Polaris group.

Other gaming YouTubers I also like: JonTron, PeantButterGamer, and The Completionist.

I really love the YouTube channel CookingWithDog (a dog is the host of the show, not the ingredient). It focuses on a lot of Asian food, but it does have some really interesting recipes I would like to try out if I ever get the time.

For social commentary I like Sargon of Akkad, TL;DR, Thunderf00t, and HarmfulOppinions. They really like to deconstruct idiotic people’s arguments.

So, what are some of your guys favorite YouTuvers? Do you hate any of the YouTubers I picked? Did you google one I listed and found a need channel to sub to? Let me know ^-^

"Now, I’ve forgiven the world and myself, too. I teach myself to smile again. One day I’ll get there, I know I will. Even if it takes me not nine, but nine hundred lives." -Susan Ashworth from The Cat Lady

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

I was actually gonna post this as a thread. Oh well, you beat me to it. As for favorite Youtubers, there’s plenty I like:

Rebel Taxi

Out of all the animation reviewers on Youtube, Rebel Taxi is the ONLY reviewer that truly understands the passion and effort of animation when animators put their life into their creations. Sure, he acts weird and has social anxiety but Taxi doesn’t give a shit cause he’s a guy that loves his work and has fun with it while bringing interesting research that helps get his point across on whatever film, series or game he reviews. Also, he doesn’t go and say “animation should be for kids” like most other animation reviewers go with these days (looking at you, AniMat) and Rebel Taxi & James Rolfe became my inspiration in reviewing movies and series especially in animation. Speaking of James…:

James Rolfe (AKA: ANGRY VIDEO GAME NERD)

Anyone who watches AVGN or James Rolfe’s videos know why this guy kicks ass! Everytime Monster Madness comes out, I am immediately hooked cause come on, he’s James Fucking Rolfe and plus, he made one hell of a fun movie The AVGN Movie and it’s like seeing James growing up to a future of possibilities and more shitty games for him to review.

Angry Joe

This one is tricky. I like Angry Joe because he’s one of those guys that if he spots a thing that pisses him off, he will go on a beautiful rant of madness while I sit there and eat popcorn because seeing him get pissed off at shit like micro-transactions or any other shitty tactic that third party companies love to do is brutal yet truly honest on how games are being made these days. Plus, he’s Puerto Rican like me so, HASSA!! However, sometime he can be close minded on other stuff he reviews especially if it involves movie reviews (his reviews of Jurassic World and Fantastic 4 are perfect examples) or defending the wrong people like when defended Anita Sarkessian’s opinion of women being portrayed in gaming during his Controversies of 2013 video and a year later, Anita tweeted a status message by insulting all men Youtubers including Angry Joe, Alpha Omega Sin and I think it was Red Letter Media for “trying to silence her by stripping her rights to say her opinion in public” or whatever nonsense she pulls out of her ass despite that the “male” Youtubers were just saying the facts that her videos were full of misinformation that lies to the viewer about the portrayal of women in gaming and how she is manipulating the trolls to get easy attention and be loved by the media. She deleted her tweet instantly when she was getting backlashed by everyone but luckily, Alpha screened cap the tweet and called her on her bullshit in his rant videos.

That’s it for me cause I have way too much Youtubers that I love to watch but here’s a simple list:

LInkara
    Anime Abandon
    Spoony
    JesuOtaku
    Yathzee
    ProJared
    JonTron
    TotalBiscuit
    PeanutButterGamer
    GaIjin Goombah
    Akiterra
    Matt Pat

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster

I used to like Spoony and the AVGN back in the day. Now I’m just a fan of the (obvious) following:

especially the Thrifting videos:

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

I’m also a big fan of the AVGN, though my interests are a bit more… intellectual.

TheraminTrees is definitely one of my favorite YouTubers. His videos discuss the flaws in religion, the scientific point of view on death and faith, flaws in the arguments used to criticize atheists. I think he’s one of my favorites because his videos made me think and helped me choose a religion; making me an atheist. Not trying to convert anyone, but his videos have very critical aspects on matters about religion. Should you like to explore these kind of subjects, I’d suggest you watch his videos, as well as the following.

QualiaSoup, chained in with TheraminTrees is also a great YouTube of my preferences. Stirring a bit away from religion and delving more into critical thinking, being open minded and evolution. These 2 have to be my top favorites out of the list. They’re smart and they know a lot about what they’re talking about.

CrashCourse is awesome. It’s very educational and makes learning easier. I always show it to my little cousins when they need a bit of help on homework.

I said it once and I’ll say it again, I’m a big fan of Rooster Teeth. Achievement Hunter, Immersion, RWBY, Red vs Blue, RT Shorts, RTAA, everything.

He remembers it so you don’t have to. Need I say more?

Arby ‘n’ the goddamn chief. Watched it since I was 5 and I occasionally run a marathon here and then…

One of the best Untergangers out there.

The Chaser’s War on Everything is one of the best shows I’ve ever seen. These guys satirize EVERYTHING. Religion, politics, commercials, bullshit and everything else you can pop up with. Unfortunately it stopped airing a few years ago, focusing on other projects; but these guys always crack me up. Nice to see there’s a channel where they’ve stored everything they’ve done.

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

@laughingman Obvious or not, we share on what stuff we like no matter what other people say about it. Although, I will admit that I used to be a fan of Nostalgia Critic AKA Doug Walker but I only watch his editorials because his new “Nostalgic” reviews are just getting repetitive and boring. Plus, he barely gets the facts right in his reviews way too damn much.

@venatortundra Arby ‘N’ The Chief! Fucking yes man, I love that stuff.

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

Shinra Kuroki
    Shinra Kuroki
    Participant

I’m also a big fan of the AVGN, though my interests are a bit more… intellectual.

I’m to lazy to make a 50 Shades of Grey meme, so just imagine it up yourself.

I never heard of TheraminTrees and QualiaSoup before and they totally seem right up my alley. I’m going to have a ton of fun watching their videos. Thanks for sharing them ^-^

"Now, I’ve forgiven the world and myself, too. I teach myself to smile again. One day I’ll get there, I know I will. Even if it takes me not nine, but nine hundred lives." -Susan Ashworth from The Cat Lady

Dukect
    Dukect
    Participant

Well for me I have a couple of Youtubers I follow and enjoy

One of the most interesting Video Game commentators on youtube. I’ve been following this guy Tyger for quite a while and even if I disagree with him he always makes his points clear and with little or no swearing.

Hey if you like Pro Wrestling with a Nostalgia critic twist check out Wrestling with Wregret you will be entertained.

I have more but I’m too tired to continue until a later date peace

0megablaster
    Participant

My favorites right now are Markiplier, Jackseptice, The Anime Man, Game Grumps and everyone from Cinemassacre. Besides from the obvious parts that they all funny they all inspire me to do more on YouTube myself with how I want my community to be in the future. Along with any other channels I work with.

If you wanna check out my channel here is the link: ——> https://www.youtube.com/user/Megafan150

I have only just started and have been doing pretty good so far. When I get the rest of the supplies I need I’ll be able to post videos on a weekly basis.

This stuff definitely isn’t easy haha

We live to play and let's players play to live. Life isn't easy but it sure is fun.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.