What was your scariest experience from playing horror games?

Home Forums Off Topic What was your scariest experience from playing horror games?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Mr.K Mr.K 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

We all had an experience when playing horror games but there lies those “special” moments in horror games that makes us either shit ourselves with fear or become so terrified, we shut off the game and never looks back. So, what were you’re scariest experiences in horror games?

Let the “F.E.A.R.” run through your vains and let this “Bioshockingly” fright-fest begin!

Attachments:

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

Quoth the Raven
    Quoth the Raven
    Participant

I was playing playing an experimental horror game called 1916 Der Unbekannte Krieg. A cute little game in which you play as a German soldier exploring ww1 trenches in search of a ladder to get out of there. I was cautiously walking down a trench, when a dinosaur started charging towards me. I mean, I knew that this game had monsters! But to have a literal dinosaur charge in my direction in a ww1 trench was… unexpected. I then began a mad dash for survival and managed to escape the dinosaur by blockading myself in a bunker. In retrospect it was pretty silly situation, but in the moment the classic panic instinct kicked in and my mind told me just told me to run! Run! Run!
    Another good one was when I was playing Vampire The masquerade Bloodlines. I was exploring a natural history museum, when I made a 90 degree turn into another corridor and found a dinosaur directly at my face. It was only later that I discovered that it was a war model for the museum
    Yeah, I hate dinosaurs.

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

@Quoth The Raven Well, no wonder dinosaurs want to eat your soul.

Rival
    Rival
    Participant

While I was young, playing Resident Evil 2, I was Leon going through the beginning of the game where I went into this shed(?) area where I got the valve. After I got it, I went through the other door (Not the way I came in) and zombies came in and the soundtrack just turned dire D: It scared the shit outta me D: I fucking ran outta there so fast xD

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

I got 2 scary experiences when playing horror games:

1). A few days ago, I was playing Zombi U, a Wii U exclusive survival horror by Ubisoft, and remember how much of a fucking nightmare it is to play. The game had me shitting my pants with the zombies like the ones with police armor that REFUSE to die and forced me to waste so much ammo (I lost like 29 handgun ammo) to kill those tough zombies or the worst part is going through the sewers in the Tower of London despite having a map and a radar since it doesn’t help with the situation of being on the water that attracts noise and zombies come running at you head-on. Also, the explosive zombies. God, I hate those bastards. Also, the game was scary because of how defenseless I felt with ammo being very scarce and letting the player make tough choices on how to carefully use the items/ammo during the campaign with the most heart-pounding moment I played in the game being the level of Tower of London and the part where you must held off a horde of zombies by locking yourself in a safe spot where the zombies can’t kill you while trying to set up mines before you get yourself blown-up. It’s one of the few titles that really nails survival horror and it’s on the Wii U out of all systems. Still wish Alien Isolation could get a Wii U version.

2). This story has to go with Bioshock and it’s the part where you get the magnum pistol from the spliced chick near the baby carriage but it’s the dialogue that got me on edge when she was thinking of the time when that splicer used to be a mother and had a baby but got so addicted to ADAM that she killed her baby with that SAME pistol that you pick up during the first playthrough of the game and at first, I ignore it but later on, it became stuck to my head and left me sleepless for many nights knowing that dialogue is stuck in my mind forever. Also, Sander Cohen left me mentally scarred and this is one of my favorite scary parts of the game:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.