Warner Bros wants to reboot the MATRIX?!?!?!?!

Home Forums Off Topic Warner Bros wants to reboot the MATRIX?!?!?!?!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by shenyongo shenyongo 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    shenyongo
    shenyongo
    Participant

Why?????????????????

Jake_L
    Jake_L
    Participant

Because the Matrix is bad and the Wachowskis are hacks. Literally nothing going back to the series done by them holds up. They tried to do Star Wars on the Internet and they fucked it up.

Go watch the Animatrix. It’s better.

Take off the nostalgia glasses, go back and watch the Matrix series and ask yourself this question that ranks the whole franchise: WHY does the Matrix exist as it does?

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by Jake_L Jake_L. Reason: $&@%ing Autocorrect
    shenyongo
    shenyongo
    Participant

Because the Matrix is bad and the Wachowskis are hacks. Literally nothing going back to the series done by them holds up. They tried to do Star Wars on the Internet and they fucked it up.

Go watch the Animatrix. It’s better.

Take off the nostalgia glasses, go back and watch the Matrix series and ask yourself this question that ranks the whole franchise: WHY does the Matrix exist as it does?

I wouldn’t really call the Matrix terrible. Flawed yes, but still good. Although I do agree that the AniMatrix, specifically 2nd Renaissance, is the best of the series in its entirety.
    I can agree that the Wachowskis aren’t exactly the visionaries they think themselves to be, given their rather mediocre track record.
    And yes, honestly as I much as I like the Matrix, the idea behind the Matrix itself is incredibly flawed, with the whole humans as batteries concept being completely proven to be impossible. However honestly I can’t fault solely the Wachowskis for that as their original idea for the Matrix was not to use humans as energy but rather to have the Matrix be this massive supercomputer that makes use of human brains, with the digital “reality” of the Matrix being to keep these brains under control. This idea was shot down by the execs because they deemed it to be too complex for audiences. It’s brought up and explained in this video.

My reaction was more to shock and surprise.

Honestly if they were to reboot this as say maybe similar to Cronenberg’s The Fly, where they take the simple premise and expand or rather improve upon it, along with incorporating the much more plausible original idea of a super computer utilizing a network of human brains, I will be fine. But I somewhat see a misguided attempt at a “cinematic universe” coming way.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by shenyongo shenyongo.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by shenyongo shenyongo.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.