Warner. Bros announces The Iron Giant: Signature Edition!!

Home Forums Off Topic Warner. Bros announces The Iron Giant: Signature Edition!!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Mr.K Mr.K 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Brad Bird and Warner Bros. have officially announced an extended cut re-release to The Iron Giant and will come to theaters in September with over 10 minutes of new footage including 2 new scenes not seen in the original theatrical version and digitally restored animation ( don’t worry, it’s still hand drawn). Also, Brad Bird is working very closely with Warner Bros. into making a Collector’s Edition BLU-RAY with 18 hours of new features not seen on the DVD and Brad is asking all his fans to go to Twitter and demand a Collector’s Edition BLU-RAY via hashtags.

Sound off in the comments and share this news to every single goddamn animation fan cause shit is getting real good

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/08/iron-giant-rerelease

Attachments:

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

Thanks for bringing this to attention, Mr. K!

I have the DVD already but I will buy this when it comes out bc of the extra goodies.

I remember when this movie came out (sadly, didn’t get a lot of press despite rave reviews like Titan A.E.) and it is a text-book example of underrated film.

I hope Brad Bird does more animated films in the future. Iron Giant and The Incredibles are just divine!

Random observation: both Iron Giant and Incredibles take place in the mid-20th century (50’s/60’s). Coincidence or intentional? It might be a reference to the Silver Age of comic books and science-fiction of the period. Either that or Bird really likes that time period (which is fine, I enjoy certain aspects of the time as well).

Anyways, its time to go to downtown Coolsville! Population: us lolz

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Thanks for bringing this to attention, Mr. K!

I have the DVD already but I will buy this when it comes out bc of the extra goodies.

I remember when this movie came out (sadly, didn’t get a lot of press despite rave reviews like Titan A.E.) and it is a text-book example of underrated film.

I hope Brad Bird does more animated films in the future. Iron Giant and The Incredibles are just divine!

Random observation: both Iron Giant and Incredibles take place in the mid-20th century (50’s/60’s). Coincidence or intentional? It might be a reference to the Silver Age of comic books and science-fiction of the period. Either that or Bird really likes that time period (which is fine, I enjoy certain aspects of the time as well).

Anyways, its time to go to downtown Coolsville! Population: us lolz

You’re welcome! I adore this movie like it was a lost chocolate cake waiting to be eaten. The movie didn’t make jack shit of money due to the marketing being extremely horrible since Lorenzo Di Bonaventura, who was once CEO at Warner Bros. had no idea how to market an animated film. He said this and I quote:

“People always say to me, ‘Why don’t you make smarter family movies?’ The lesson is, Every time you do, you get slaughtered.”

That quote from Lorenzo got a lot of flack and the company re-market their film with the help of different companies like McDonald’s and Taco Bell but it was way too late. Also, part of the failure of the box-office for Iron Giant is because in the 90’s, many different studios try to cash in on Disney’s popularity that it killed the dignity of animation entirely. Fuck, Don Bluth’s career was in the toilet during the 90’s with many of his projects scrapped and turn into “wanna be Disney” flicks that Bluth himself from all those films minus Anastasia and Titan A.E. and with Iron Giant getting a release, I hope that Brad or any other director would tackle more animated films.

Hogarth Hughes: [talking very fast, on caffeine] So she moved me up a grade ’cause I wasn’t fitting in, so now I’m even more not fitting in. I was getting good grades, you know, like all A’s. So my mom says, “You need stimulation,” and I go, “No, I’m stimulated enough right now.”

Dean McCoppin: That’s for sure.

Hogarth Hughes: So she says, “Uh-uh, You don’t have a challenge, you need a challenge.” So now I’m challenged, all right- I’m challenged to hold on to my lunch money because of all the big mooses who wanna pound me, ’cause they think I’m a shrimpy dork who thinks he’s smarter than them! But I don’t think I’m smarter, I just do the stupid homework! If everyone else JUST DID THE STUPID HOMEWORK, they could move up a grade and get pounded, too! Is there anymore coffee?

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.