Twitter's Ministry of Truth

Home Forums Off Topic Twitter's Ministry of Truth

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Jake_L Jake_L 1 year ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jakob Morris
    Jakob Morris
    Participant

This guys says it most succinctly.

LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster

#RIPTwitter 😉

“Everyone is in favor of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled, but some people’s idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone else says anything back, that is an outrage.” – Winston Churchill

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Sums it up for Twitter.

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

Shinra Kuroki
    Shinra Kuroki
    Participant

Is it just me, or is time repeating itself. Like, really… I’m uncertain if I am stuck in a time loop. It seems like yesterday Twitter was teaming up with Crash Override to stop harassment. Crash Override is still yet to open officially, so the Twitter Apocalypse talk stopped after awhile, until now that is. Sure this decision isn’t going to help Twitter, especially with the price of it’s plummeting stock, but I wouldn’t call it the end yet. Twitter’s in a nose dive, but it still has time to pull up out of it. All they have to do is fire someone & pledge they’ll be less authoritarian. Sure it’s hard to fold when you have doubled down as much as Twitter has since GG became a thing, but now is as good a time as any. When the Twitter exodus starts hitting the people I follow, then I’ll consider abandoning Twitter for greener pastures.

"Now, I’ve forgiven the world and myself, too. I teach myself to smile again. One day I’ll get there, I know I will. Even if it takes me not nine, but nine hundred lives." -Susan Ashworth from The Cat Lady

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

Is this serious? Like, actually serious? A “Trust and Safety” council? This idea is fucking ridiculous, it reminds of the time where on the machinima series Arby n’ the Chief, the network that works on Xbox LIVE decides to install TOSSERS, game police to prevent players from cheating, saying curse words, etc. It’s just fucking stupid.

Now, if it was only that, I’d be just pissed, but the fact they’re bringing Sarkessian into this just makes me want to puke. Now, instead of censoring and telling twitter users what they can and can’t do, all male twitter users won’t have any liberties whatsoever. WHOOPEE-FUCKING-DO.

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

Jake_L
    Jake_L
    Participant

Okay. I get that cyber bullying and online harassment are important issues and I do not condone or practice those things — in spite of my distaste and dislike of Anita Sarkeesian, I wish absolutely no harm onto her or her family. That preface aside, I have to ask: are you fucking kidding me? This is the same thing as that safespace bullshit that SouthPark put out last season and is as sad and pathetic then as it is now.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.