#TrumpLivesMatter

Home Forums Off Topic #TrumpLivesMatter

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  0megablaster 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Shinra Kuroki
    Shinra Kuroki
    Participant

So HuffPo has just written an article defending the violent outbursts at Trump supporters.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/06/07/huffpo-violent-response-trump-logical/

I guess HuffPo doesn’t know what “Victim blaming” is. Violence is never justified against people for their political opinions. This is not okay. This is crazy. Liberalism is broken here is the US & this is why.

These liberals (while not representative of all liberals) clearly demonstrate the problems with ID politics & social justice. It started with redefining racism so they didn’t have to admit to their bigotry. Then they made up sexist terms like mansplaining, manspreading, & manslamming. Now they’re blaming their out group as the enemy & justifying violence against them. They’ll maintain this double think probably till the day they die, cause if they question it, they’ll have to admit to all the sexism, bigotry, & violence they have done all in the name of a sexist ideology.

Feminist wondered why people were so angry with #KillAllMen & their general attitude towards men & non-believers, this is why. When you treat men like the cause of all your problems, violence like this is unavoidable. People making excuses for it are also inevitable considering they’ll defend the narrative to the bitter end, cause of the skunk cost fallacy. They’ve doubled down on some many nonsensical ideas, that they’re at the point that they have to defend this violence against Trump supporters or admit they’ve been massive sexist bigots brainwashed by ideologues.

Don’t be like HuffPo. Question everything, don’t let bias blind you to the truth, & don’t get trapped inside an echo chamber. Draw the line here. Violence isn’t ok. Violence doesn’t get results. There is no positive spin for this no matter how hard HuffPo tries. Admit there’s a problem, that’s the first step in fixing it.

"Now, I’ve forgiven the world and myself, too. I teach myself to smile again. One day I’ll get there, I know I will. Even if it takes me not nine, but nine hundred lives." -Susan Ashworth from The Cat Lady

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

I honestly don’t know what to say. I acknowledge that this is wrong, it’s very wrong and unacceptable; but on the other hand, it is sort of predictable. Trump supporters fall into the groups that most of society would look down as scum: racist, xenophobic, islamophobic, segregationists; almost to the point of neo-nazis. If we look into our basic nature, we could even believe that what what’s going on is something right: shaming and calling upon a group who is causing a real harm to a country; but when we look upon a society of silencing others and attacking others for their beliefs, we’re no better than those who we fear.

There are hate groups who are being left alone and are allowed to give out their opinions (The Ku Klux Klan, The WBC, Neo Nazi groups) and just like these people, I believe they have a right to express their disdain. As a Mexican, I am offended by what they’re saying, by what they want and I do get the feeling of punching them in the face; but I firmly believe, and even motivate these people to express out their ideas. Also commenting on the “FACEBOOK’S ALLEGED ALGORITHM PROBLEMS” topic; I strongly believe that hate-speech should not be censored or quelled. It may be pointless ranting that gets people off, yes, but it is a symptom that there’s problems in our community; and by allowing these people to give out their opinions, we acknowledge the problems and we know, as well as let other know; that this problem is closer than what we think it is. If we try to quell it and censor it, we’re just hiding the problem instead of solving it, and it’s the exact same problem here. By attacking and trying to silence Trump supporters, we’re not erasing the problem; we’re simply digging it deeper and deeper. And we all know that the deeper something is buried, the stronger it will resurface.

So, we allow these people to give out their racist ideas, what now? I believe that the existence of this sort of behavior in the United States and especially in a presidential candidate putting the economy and world perspective of his nation at risk by carrying out actions based on bigoted views is something that’s very dangerous. Not only for the nation itself, but for the rest of the world. I believe that the best way to solve these problems is re-education, information, educating the future generations and most importantly: the citizens must inform themselves well of the situations. Because if they don’t, they’ll end up just like Trump supporters: tailgating and hailing a bigot without questioning the possible repercussions of their acts. It may take some time and maybe it will never go away, after all, fear and hate for folks we consider foreign is a natural outburst of the human species; but I don’t see why we shouldn’t try.

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster

Katie brought this to Max and my attention this morning. Seems fitting:

0megablaster
    Participant

Yea that sounds about right. In a nutshell if trump is president I’m moving to canada

We live to play and let's players play to live. Life isn't easy but it sure is fun.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.