The new Tarzan movie.

Home Forums Off Topic The new Tarzan movie.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  HulderRia 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

HulderRia
    Participant

I just saw it in the theatre with a cousin of mine, and wondered if anyone else here on the forum had seen it. I’m curious to see everyone thoughts regarding it. 🙂

Please excuse my attrocious english. ouo

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

Same here.

It was okay. The actors were good (Samuel L. Jackson was hilarious). I think I like the fact that the story did not tread over how Tarzan grew up and was a new story based on his life after the jungle. There was a lot of CGI effects (which is understandable considering the animals and stunts).

In all, it was a decent summer action flick but I wasn’t expecting anything more out of it.

To be honest, I was surprised my family wanted to see this movie over Independence Day. Oh well *shrugs*

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

Shinra Kuroki
    Shinra Kuroki
    Participant

I was going to see it with some family members, but then we read it was getting bad reviews & decided to skip it.

"Now, I’ve forgiven the world and myself, too. I teach myself to smile again. One day I’ll get there, I know I will. Even if it takes me not nine, but nine hundred lives." -Susan Ashworth from The Cat Lady

HulderRia
    Participant

I think “decent summerflick” sums my opinion on it as well. 🙂
    I never read the stories behind Tarzan, so there were some parts that made me confused, with how Tarzans last name being Clayton(if I remember it correctly?). But I guess it might be because I’ve only seen the Disney version of the story, who might have tanken some liberty with the source material when they made the animated movie.
    But the plot of this flick was easy to follow, so I just pushed it aside as just my lack of knowledge of Tarzan itself.
    Plus that it inspired me to delve deeper into the lore behind the mangani, which were the gorilla-like apes Tarzan grew up with.

Please excuse my attrocious english. ouo

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.