Supposed Leaking of NX Deets from Dude with Good Track Record on Leaks

Home Forums Off Topic Supposed Leaking of NX Deets from Dude with Good Track Record on Leaks

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Mr.K Mr.K 1 year ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jake_L
    Jake_L
    Participant

So having been off and on again regarding the Patreon live chats I’d thought I’d drop this hear for the resident haters of Nintendo. Our boy Geno’s at his Deep Throat shenanigans again with the console info getting out about the House of Mario’s NX.

Linkety: http://www.gamnesia.com/news/rumor-a-leaker-with-a-great-track-record-revealed-megatons-of-info-about-ni

No real reaction to this, I haven’t gotten a Nintendo console since the Gamecube, but if this is indeed true at least some of the facepalming our resident scrublords of flaming mediocrity will be partially assuaged; namely the beef with the “controls on screen” mobile clone aspect. So there’s that potential nightmare done with.

LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster
    • It is closest to the Xbox One in terms of power.
    • All tech involved uses the exact same hardware layout as the PS4 and Xbox One
    • Any game that can run on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One can easily run on the NX with almost no modifications required. This is even more true if the game runs on Android OS or Unreal Engine 4.
    • One third-party developer said “it’s the easiest device we’ve ever developed for. You just take your code, compile it and it works.”

If these are true, and Nintendo can get the backing of the 3rd party developers AND have their 1st party games, this could be the swing of the pendulum most have been hoping for.

EDIT: For clarification, I’m focusing on these items because it’s rectifying one of the common mistakes made by console makers, and that’s getting developer support. The Playstation 3 was notoriously more difficult to program for with its 6-core platform in the beginning, which is likely what gave the Xbox 360 a noticeable head start last gen in addition to some early ports to Xbox running more efficiently.

Next in regards to developer support are the smaller devs. Nintendo really needs to encourage active development to new and aspiring indie devs. If the “click compile” easiness stated above is true, and Nintendo can secure some proven indie devs (ex: Yacht Club Games, devs of “Shovel Knight”) to make new exclusive titles, it would get a lot of attention.

Regarding ports, if Nintendo is going to get a port of a game a year after release (with a new skin or controller gimmick to justify a repurchase) then they’re just going to perpetuate one of the biggest failures of the Wii U. Nintendo’s new platform, being far easier to develop for, should aid in it securing future Day 1 releases to truly compete with the PS4 and XBONE.

Day 1 port titles + exclusives from a thriving indie community + 1st Party games would = Nintendo’s success this gen. And if the specs are true, they’ve realized this.

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Next in regards to developer support are the smaller devs. Nintendo really needs to encourage active development to new and aspiring indie devs. If the “click compile” easiness stated above is true, and Nintendo can secure some proven indie devs (ex: Yacht Club Games, devs of “Shovel Knight”) to make new exclusive titles, it would get a lot of attention.

Regarding ports, if Nintendo is going to get a port of a game a year after release (with a new skin or controller gimmick to justify a repurchase) then they’re just going to perpetuate one of the biggest failures of the Wii U. Nintendo’s new platform, being far easier to develop for, should aid in it securing future Day 1 releases to truly compete with the PS4 and XBONE.

It’s possible that Yatch Club Games could be siding with Nintendo since they both worked on the Shovel Knight Amiibo figurine (which became successful from what I heard) and rumors of potential DLC crossover for Shovel Knight on Wii U similar to the pnes of PS4 and Xbox One crossover updates. Not to mention, Toby Fox wants to make a Undertale port for Wii U (even as an exclusive title for the console and if that turns out true, Nintendo are gonna drop a huge fucking bomb at E3 2016) and the developer that worked on the Wii U ports for Guacamelee! and Electronic Super Joy wants to help the creator port the game into the console. This kind of indie support is VITAL for the company and it will be a foolish move for Nintendo to dismiss these other developers if they want to expand their software line-up for Wii U and even NX.

In turns of game developer support, that is up to them to decide. If they’re going to support the NX, they better establish a healthy relationship with Nintendo and make games that work and function at Day 1. One of the many problems with 3rd party developers is the constant hyping up their projects as breakthroughs as the games themselves almost turn out to be complete shit with Destiny, The Order; 1869, Evolve, Watch Dogs, Batman: Arkham Knight PC, Battlefront and Total War Rome II being prime examples of games being broken, mediocre, unfinished or unplayable at release. This also goes to Nintendo and Bandai Namco with their recent release of Pokken Tournament with many gamers complaining about lack of content after it’s release (it’s an arcade port from Japan) and having zero plans to add new mechanics for DLC (*sigh*). I want Nintendo and 3rd party developers to get their heads off their asses and put out more games that are packed with content, it’s playable with few bugs and everyone can play & have fucking fun at release, not cut the games in half to sell as DLC, not turn it into a pretty trophy wife with realistic visuals or games that strobe their gold dicks like egomaniacal murderers cause I am sick of the same lies they say when presenting their games at E3 for “massive hype” but only to be dissatisfied with the product and get a refund. Can you imagine if Nintendo and Square Enix started a partnership that will finally allow the company to use their IP’s like Chronno Trigger and Secret of Mana for Nintendo systems? That, for me, is a dream waiting to come true.

We have to wait until E3 2016 but I’m just crossing my fingers for Nintendo to get their groove back.

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster

What’d I’d personally love to see is perhaps some good licensing of some of the biggest “classic NES” franchises: Mega Man, Castlevania, etc etc. 3rd Party support helped make Nintendo what it was, and when that began to wane in the SNES era (Contra, Castlevania, etc making Genesis exclusives) Nintendo lost some ground. Even worse with the rise of the Playstation (Squaresoft, etc). But If Nintendo is doing quite well with the handheld market, a plethora of 1st Party games and 3rd Party support would probably result in the first Nintendo console I’ve owned since the Nintendo 64.

With the Mighty Number 9 and Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night kickstarters, along with the popularity of good-yet-simple Indie games, this could be an inexpensive way for Nintendo to come out swinging with Quantity AND Quality in regards to exclusive content.

And as much as I give shit to Nintendo for bad business moves, I would relish a reason to fall in love with Nintendo all over again.

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

It looks like Nintendo is gonna continue making games for Wii U until next year:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-03-23/nintendo-wii-u-production-to-continue-in-next-fiscal-term-or-later/.100137

Jake_L
    Jake_L
    Participant

Update – Images of controller prototypes, with 100% less potato camera:

nx

Few degrees of separation, but a friend of a friend in Montreal made mention of the NX having an alternative to face buttons. Obviously these aren’t powered on so I don’t know the functionality. Back to the /boards I go.

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

<iframe allowfullscreen=”true” mozallowfullscreen=”true” webkitallowfullscreen=”true” class=”imgur-embed-iframe-pub imgur-embed-iframe-pub-a-VMzpr-true-300″ scrolling=”no” src=”http://imgur.com/a/VMzpr/embed?pub=true&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fcheshirecatstudios.com%2Ftopic%2Fsupposed-leaking-of-nx-deets-from-dude-with-good-track-record-on-leaks%2F&w=300″ id=”imgur-embed-iframe-pub-a-VMzpr” style=”height: 500px; width: 300px; margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px;”></iframe>
    <script async=”” src=”//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>

Few degrees of separation, but a friend of a friend in Montreal made mention of the NX having an alternative to face buttons. Obviously these aren’t powered on so I don’t know the functionality. Back to the /boards I go.

Turns out they were fake hoaxes all along.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2016/03/25/two-nx-controller-rumors-revealed-as-fake

Jake_L
    Jake_L
    Participant

<iframe allowfullscreen=”true” mozallowfullscreen=”true” webkitallowfullscreen=”true” class=”imgur-embed-iframe-pub imgur-embed-iframe-pub-a-VMzpr-true-300″ scrolling=”no” src=”http://imgur.com/a/VMzpr/embed?pub=true&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fcheshirecatstudios.com%2Ftopic%2Fsupposed-leaking-of-nx-deets-from-dude-with-good-track-record-on-leaks%2F&w=300″ id=”imgur-embed-iframe-pub-a-VMzpr” style=”height: 500px; width: 300px; margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px;”></iframe>

*sarcasm mode engage*
    Oh no, my credibility.
    *sarcasm mode disengage*

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

*sarcasm mode engage*
    Oh no, my credibility.
    *sarcasm mode disengage*

That’s right! You won’t get a job at IGN anymore! >XD

*end of sarcasm*

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.