Stupidity: Teaching men not to rape

Home Forums Off Topic Stupidity: Teaching men not to rape

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  0megablaster 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

OMG! another rape topic?!
    Well, this is another thing that I had on my mind recently after listening to Joe Rogan’s podcast.

During my college days, I have repeatedly heard this theory from feminist circles about “teaching men not to rape.” It mostly seemed to consist of flyers telling men that they can stop rape and seeking female consent whenever necessary. Also shouting at them “NO means NO!”

A few problems is see with this:

1. Infers that all men are potential rapists: I find that most men are empathetic and rational human beings that are more than capable of knowing right from wrong. They do not wish to intentionally inflict harm on women (or others). I have seen this idea taken to the extreme to imply that male sexuality is inherently aggressive and animalistic, and by extension, harmful to women. Also, women have the potential to be sex offenders. Is anyone policing them? What about male victims?

2. Teaches women not to be responsible for their own safety: While no one deserves to be assaulted, there are factors that can increase the risk. Drinking until you black-out comes to mind. In self-defense classes, you are fed an unfortunate truth: human predators are everywhere. They prey on those who are perceived to be weaker than them. The unconfident, the unaware, the alone. When dealing with predators, there are only two options: fight or flight. Fleeing is preferred but sometimes fighting is the only option. Its not pretty but you must if you want to survive. By focusing on men, I think it creates a disconnect of how women can empower themselves and perpetuates a victimhood mentality.

3. Criminals don’t obey laws: Everyone nows rape is wrong but their are still rapists. Just because there people that follow the rules does not mean that there are none that will break them. Telling rapists not to rape is comparable to telling a thief not to steal or a serial killer not to murder. Its likely that they know what they are doing is illegal; they just don’t care.

In conclusion, the concept of teaching men not to rape is another tile in the hysterical mosaic that is modern feminism. Instead of uniting, it ends up dividing the sexes by blaming men for everything bad that happens to women and reinforcing victimhood for women.

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

If all sexual encounters between men and women are regulated to this, I will be severely unamused:

Guy: “Can I thrust now? How about now?”

Girl: “OMFG! Just fuck me already!”

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

natnatno1
    natnatno1
    Participant

It’s a ridiculous concept to begin with; reading a piece of paper with the words “please don’t rape” is not going to stop someone who was already a potential rapist to begin with, in the same way as playing violent games doesn’t suddenly make people violent if they weren’t already violent to begin with. When you have a particular mentality and belief system, it takes more than being told that you are wrong to change those beliefs and mentalities. The human mind does not work that way.

And yes, it is true that it is the rapist’s fault for the rape, and not the victim, but that doesn’t mean that people shouldn’t take measures to better ensure their safety. It is a thief’s fault that something is stolen and not the victim, but that doesn’t mean that people should just leave their phones, laptops and wads of money out in the open. It never hurts to make sure that you completely safe, whether it’s a simple as NOT drinking that night, or making sure you stay together in a group, or carrying a rape alarm with you.

And don’t even get me started on how differently male rape is treated to female rape. Especially when it’s a woman that raped a man. Where’s all the talk of gender equality then? Same with domestic abuse. Women can be violent too.

- There was a signature here... it's gone now...

Shinra Kuroki
    Shinra Kuroki
    Participant

I once had an acquaintance post something on FB and I replied to it… a few minuets later, I was being called a “rape apologies” and being dog piled. Most of the people who jumped in I had to repeatedly tell them to reread my posts because their lack of reading comprehension made them keep putting words in my mouth. Some of them said sorry for misrepresenting what I said, some didn’t. Then one came out and said she was rapped by her husband or some close to her if I remember correctly. A normal person would probably apologize, but maybe it’s I’m slight autistic or that I’m too rational for my own good to do so. I just stopped posting and hoped they would reconsider what I said after some time had passed. It was a terrible experience for me. I felt bad for triggering that one girl about what must have been a terrible experience and no amount of being right logically could sake an unsettling feeling I had for a while.

I remember going into the discussion just wanting to help spread information to prevent further sexual assaults. That was the first time I heard buzz words like “rape culture” and “rape apologist”. All I could think of is how insane these people must be to think I have some form of ill will towards women and positive will towards rapists, who I explicitly said should have the full weight and power of the legal system come down on them.

All this feminist propaganda just made it impossible for me to talk to these people. Instead of rationally debating me, they turned to shaming language and Kafka trapping. In their view, simply disagreeing with them made me partly to blame for egregious crimes. All I felt was that their decisions to comply with this feminist propaganda made them the “rape culture” they accused me being apart of. They were the ones making it easier for rapist to rape and get away with it. I was angry and unset and confused to all hell. It was like I stepped into the Twilight Zone.

My study of economics has a lot to do with who I am right now. In economics, you’ll learn the intentions do not equal results. I do not doubt that feminists are doing what they think is best (maybe a few are just malicious but it is near impossible to tell what is really in their heart of hearts). My doubts come only from the fact I know they are intentionally not allowing people to look into other ways to prevent rape, and I find that… I find that… is just beyond any words I can say. I want research into how to lower the amount of rape, I want safety guide lines, and most importantly I want the rate of rape to go down to as small a number as is humanly possible. I want rape prevention to be about preventing rape, not about making feminist feel smug.

Please don’t hate me.

"Now, I’ve forgiven the world and myself, too. I teach myself to smile again. One day I’ll get there, I know I will. Even if it takes me not nine, but nine hundred lives." -Susan Ashworth from The Cat Lady

0megablaster
    Participant

this is why feminism is fucked up nowadays. Some women don’t understand anything past themselves instead of looking at human race as a whole. That everyone is different… Every guy is different…

I swear to god the more stories I hear like this one… The harder I facepalm!

-_- I hope this bullshit stops before I leave a permanent hand print in my face…

We live to play and let's players play to live. Life isn't easy but it sure is fun.

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

OMG! another rape topic?!

Goddamn, Kahuna, those feminists won’t leave you alone to rest.

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

CineMax
    CineMax
    Participant

It’s a ridiculous concept to begin with; reading a piece of paper with the words “please don’t rape” is not going to stop someone who was already a potential rapist to begin with…

Not to mention: If we were truly living in a “rape kulturr” (as feminists would have us believe), why is rape even illegal?

“Well, just ‘cos the law prohibits it, it doesn’t mean it’s not happening left and right!”

First of all, don’t even start with the whole 1-in-5 statistic. Secondly, if this were the case — if society at large didn’t take (female) rape victims seriously — why did the Rolling Stone UVA story become a national headline? Why is Emma Sulkwoitz (the Mattress Girl) still seen as a national hero victim for regretting having anal sex with another (male) student?

This is the bizarre contradictory nature of feminists: All of them wanna be “strong, independent womyn”… but at the same time they also wanna be victims. “ZOMG! PATRIARCHY! RAPE CULTURE! WAGE GAP! WAR ON WOMYN!” ‘Cos if there’s no bogeyman keeping them down, they’ll have to start taking responsobility for their own actions.

“WAGE GAP! BILL GATES IS MAKING MORE MONEY THAN ME!” Maybe it’s ‘cos Bill Gates works in the IT industry. Meanwhile, you’ve wasted $100,000K on a worthless gender studies degree and are now working as a Starbucks barista. Even though there was literally nothing probiting you from majoring in IT as well.

“GAH! I WAS RAPED! I WOULD’VE NEVER HAD SEX WITH THAT GUY IF I WAS SOBER!” So, maybe it’s the alcohol to blame, not the guy? Besides, what makes you think the guy isn’t thinking the same thing, sweetie? :3 (“Ugh. Fucked another fat chick last night. I gotta stop drinking so much…”)

0megablaster
    Participant

@cinemax that’s exactly what i was thinking. Most feminists don’t truely understand the concept of equality. All they really want is something to blam for their own mistakes. Making women who really get raped by the guys who are the real issue look bad and causing them to be taken less seriously.

I have 2 friends who have actually been raped and I’ve been the only one who actually showed they cared in the slightest.

It’s such fucking bullshit

We live to play and let's players play to live. Life isn't easy but it sure is fun.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.