Star Citizen hype train. Choo choo!

Home Forums Off Topic Star Citizen hype train. Choo choo!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Jakob Morris Jakob Morris 2 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jakob Morris
    Jakob Morris
    Participant

So it is here where we will talk about the game that has, as of this post, received over 71 million dollars in crowd-funding. A game that will either be a very disappointing and expensive flop or one of the best games ever made. to start off I will post a vid I wanted to show ken in the last patreon discussion

VelcroRaptor
    VelcroRaptor
    Participant

GET HYPE

Seriously though, I’m not one sci-fi games, but I’m truly excited for this. From what I saw on their website, they’re putting forth a lot of effort and money (thanks to their hefty budget provided by the masses) to create a massive open-world game. They really want to create a fleshed-out universe, and so far I’d say they’re succeeding; hopefully by the time the game is released, it’ll live up to its potential.

I won’t even start on the graphics, because that’s a whole different text-wall waiting to be written. Watching the videos they’ve posted so far, their voice actors are 50/50; while the VAs for their “MISC Freelancer Commercial” and “Galactic Gear Review” videos are wonderfully voiced and spot-on for their parts, the VAs in their “Roberts Space Industries Constellation Commercial” lack characterization and seem a bit flat despite their professional polish. From what I’ve heard of the soundtrack so far, I’d have to say it’s a bit disappointing, but unless they’re planning on incorporating sound-cues for their gameplay, the players can just turn up the volume of their favorite playlist and jam out while shooting at space pirates or whatever.

For gameplay, I’m at a bit of a loss at what to say. From what I’ve seen in Triple6Games’ gameplay video, the flight mechanics and controls for dogfights seem straightforward enough despite the physics engine the game boasts. Perhaps they simply made it look easy? Still, there are other types of ships that are supposedly bigger and more difficult to maneuver, thanks to their size and how many other players might be on board (a ten-man ship? Seriously?!), so the potential for more complex and involved controls is there. From what I hear, you can also hijack other ships, where their FPS gameplay will come in. I’ve not seen any videos for that yet, but I just might be looking in the wrong places.

Overall, I’m hopeful and excited for this as a game and as a lore-rich universe. The brain behind the creation, Chris Roberts, has the media experience in both movies and video games to deliver, along with the funds. It’s important to mention that, thanks to his success with crowd-funding, the team won’t have to answer to developers or companies such as ActiVision or IGN, meaning that they can’t be forced into rushing the game because of deadlines even if it isn’t ready. It also means that no one but them can be blamed for the game’s faults and flaws, and because of the records they hold in terms of budgeting, if they screw it up, anyone professionally associated with the game will never be able to live it down.

“We're actors — we're the opposite of people!”
    ― Tom Stoppard, "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead"

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

DID SOMEBODY SAY HYPE TRAIN?!

I seriously know nothing of this game. Is it going to be released for PC/consoles/both? Looks shiny and pretty though.

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

Jakob Morris
    Jakob Morris
    Participant

I can confirm from playing the Arena commander dogfighting module that the controls are easy enough to learn, whether its with mouse and keyboard, game pad, or joystick.

And tis PC only sadly. The consoles are jsut simply not powerful enough to run a game like this.

Jakob Morris
    Jakob Morris
    Participant

More train cars to add to the hype train

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.