Silent Hills is officially canceled. Fuck you, Konami.

Home Forums Off Topic Silent Hills is officially canceled. Fuck you, Konami.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Mr.K Mr.K 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

It is my sad duty to tell all horror fans that Konami has canned Silent Hills, a game that would have broke new grounds in the horror genre, and Guillermo Del Toro will no longer be part of the project alongside The Walking Dead star Norman Reedus due to Konami being fucking idiots in running a company.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-04-27/konami-confirms-silent-hills-cancellation/.87579

Here is the AlphaOmegaSin rant for Konami’s moronic decision:

May the franchise rest in peace and I will see you soon in Silent Hill…

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

froggery
    Participant

Dont know what to say, except I’m pretty gutted. Would have been my first Silent Hill game.

Jakob Morris
    Jakob Morris
    Participant

I think Kojima dropping out would have been a blessing in disguise for Silent Hills

But I still would have liked to see what Del Torro and Readus would have done with the game.

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

@Jakob Morris Still, I would have loved to see what Kojima would create for the Silent Hills mythos. For God sakes, the man can write believable characters that would fit into the game and with Del Toro, the possibilities are endless. Too bad Konami bite Kojima in the asshole.

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

God, I wanted this so bad…

…I gotta go vent, now…

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

God, I wanted this so bad…

…I gotta go vent, now…

and the depression begins…

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

Well, my faith in decent horror games has gone down the drain. Thanks, Konami.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5R_pS0h5Qk

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Well, my faith in decent horror games has gone down the drain. Thanks, Konami.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5R_pS0h5Qk

This is why we can never have nice things all the time.

LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster

When I heard that Kojima and Del Toro were working togther on Silent Hills, I danced.
    When I heard the news that Silent Hills was dead, I facepalmed. HARD.
    Then they announced that PT would be removed. I nearly blacked out from shock.

I’m hoping that it at least offers some inspiration for those creative indie developers to take the Indie Horror Game genere into a new and exciting direction. Sure, PT had its jumpscares, but it was a genuinely intrigueingly atmospheric, nerve-wracking expereince from beginning to end.

Here’s one instance where I HOPE there’s copy-cats.

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

When I heard that Kojima and Del Toro were working togther on Silent Hills, I danced.
    When I heard the news that Silent Hills was dead, I facepalmed. HARD.
    Then they announced that PT would be removed. I nearly blacked out from shock.

I’m hoping that it at least offers some inspiration for those creative indie developers to take the Indie Horror Game genere into a new and exciting direction. Sure, PT had its jumpscares, but it was a genuinely intrigueingly atmospheric, nerve-wracking expereince from beginning to end.

Here’s one instance where I HOPE there’s copy-cats.

Took the words right out of my mouth, LaughingMan. Fucking christ, companies these days like to kill hype by either making some big surprise until they axed the project or release the game to meet the deadline but with abysmal results (looking at you, Watch Dogs and Destiny). Hell, I moved to the Wii U to avoid that shit of spending $60 dollars on a goddamn game for less and despite being not as good as PS4 or XBOX ONE, at least it has finished games with more content for my bucks or games that are actually fun to play (Bayonetta 2, bitches). Practices like these is the reason I avoided triple AAA games: They never fulfil their promises.

As for the hope of copy-cats of Silent Hills, it’s very unlikely considering the horror genre is now “hip & trendy” with the fucking jumpscares cause “that is how horror games should be done the right way” motto these dickholes of online gaming sites like to shove down my throat but for the indies, they are doing few games that rely on unnerving atmosphere from either horror or another genre like Never Alone, an atmospheric platformer that’s coming to the Wii U about a lonely child and a wolf that traverse the snowy fields with the whole enviroment being a dangerous death trap in every turn or the fact that Fatal Frame IV will come to Wii U meaning a grand return to the series that made me break my PS2 controller while playing Fatal Frame 2.

Still would loved to see Del Toro make Silent Hills if Konami weren’t facepalming idiots.

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

ATTENTION!! A petition for a revival of Silent Hills has been found online at Change.org! If it reaches 120,000 signatures or more, it might convince Konami to bring Silent Hills back from quick cancellation… Even though, petitions are largely ignore by the gaming industry thee days.

https://www.change.org/p/kojima-productions-continue-working-on-silent-hills

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.