Show them the Love!

Home Forums Off Topic Show them the Love!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by PandaWarlock PandaWarlock 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    PandaWarlock
    PandaWarlock
    Participant

Well, the Valentines are just around the corner, and recently a thought struck me (rare occurrence) when I was on the bus… (much more common occurrence)

It’s about GamerGate and the professional victims “conflict”.
    DON”T HIT ME JUST YET!

Okay… So my thoughts are – well, more like a wishful thinking – how terribly cruel it would be for all the (Let’s use Anita for the sake of the argument here) Anita’s critics, dislikers and haters suddenly changed the tone of what they’re saying.
    And one day, when something she posts, or is posted about her, comments are flooded with things like:

“Oh, Anita. You’re a charming person and I respect you, but I really don’t see a logic in your statement. Care to elaborate and support your claims further? I’d really like to see the study that made you come up with those conclusions as well.”
    “Hello Anita. While we admire the passion you put in your work, we see come rather grave mistakes in your videos. If you contact us, we can share our opinions, so next one will hopefully be free of them.”
    “I’m sure you’re trying hard and that’s a thing to praise, especially on such a tough topic. But from where I’m standing, I sadly must say that your efforts will be probably better used in some other direction.”
    “I see that there is much controversy about the amount of videos you created as compared to what was promised. But I believe in you. Can you maybe tell us when the next one will be released, if only to silence those who doubt? :)”

Stuff like that. Things warm and fuzzy, yet always containing the “but” element. We see you’re trying, we respect you, we don’t want to discourage you, but we also don’t see your performance as satisfying. So if you want to talk with us, hear our advice or simply educate yourself further on this topic you made so many mistakes about, we’re sure you’ll be much more successful and less scrutinized.

Cruelty in pure form. No hate to yell about, yet all the criticism required. No reason to block such comments, nothing for the SJW to be foaming at the mouth about. No “being flooded by hate and aggression”.
    This would be hilarious.

Katie_B
    Katie_B
    Participant

Ehhh, trust me this has been tried before. Many, many, MANY times ._. Still doesn’t work, either they say we are just ‘innocent people being mislead by a hate mob” or “you’re weaponizing *insert good thing here*!”

*shrug* Well, eventually any argument or opinion without actual, rational evidence behind it will fall apart. No matter how much the narrative is twisted around, intelligent people will be able to see through to the truth. So I’m not really worried about trying to mess with this sort of stuff in any way πŸ˜›

PandaWarlock
    PandaWarlock
    Participant

Of course I would weponize good things. They are the best weapons!

Bu yeah, I know this won’t work in real life. Just wished to share a random thought… It’s a nice image, though. And a good method when you’re actually discussing something. We’re just built that way. Attacks make us defensive and dissmissive, while when someone shows us sympathy or is generally nice, we instinctively hold their opinions in higher regard.

Internet Love Machine is still a dream though. People don’t come here to share hugs that much.

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

Like courting a rattlesnake. No matter what you do, you will get bit.

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

PandaWarlock
    PandaWarlock
    Participant

Like courting a rattlesnake. No matter what you do, you will get bit.

That’s the beauty of it. If you get bit anyway, it’s them who look like aggressive morons. When a dog you’re poking with a stick bites you, people shrug and say you deserved it. When you try to pet it and maybe feed it and then get bit, people go “that dog is dangerous, where is the owner? It should be on a leash and isolated!”

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

I get your point, Panda, but why not ignore the dog in the first place? Anita and her ilk are all about gaining attention and therefore support. Anything we do to them will be seen as an attack on their precious sensibilities. It just better to:

A. Ignore them.

Or

B. Prove them wrong through actions.

Like Katie said, they’re in the wrong anyway. Just let them self-implode πŸ™‚

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

PandaWarlock
    PandaWarlock
    Participant

True enough. But sadly, there are such “sensitive” people on both sides, so no matter what happens, there will always be people reacting to things they should ignore. I just wish they did so with style.
    Of course if they were clever enough to use that tactic, they wouldn’t be needing it anyway since ignoring is a better thing. Sigh…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.