Reviews still active?

Home Forums Off Topic Reviews still active?

This topic contains 23 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Mr.K Mr.K 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    zimes
    zimes
    Participant

I just came across one of my memories from a while ago and thought I would click on the link for kicks and grins making sure that the link was dead but to my surprise it opened up! I thought reviews were done away with?

http://www.cheshirecatstudios.com/reviews/two-steps-from-hell-invincible/#.TlVANZpZKno.facebook

Good to see some of the really old content didn’t all go away.

Madness does not always howl. Sometimes it's the quiet voice in your head at the end of the day saying, 'Hey, got room for one more in there?

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Holy shit, you’re here. 😱

You appeared on the Fanboys podcast years ago. It’s really awesome to see you here! Also, they still have their old reviews and articles on the site if you just want a good read.

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster

I just came across one of my memories from a while ago and thought I would click on the link for kicks and grins making sure that the link was dead but to my surprise it opened up! I thought reviews were done away with?

http://www.cheshirecatstudios.com/reviews/two-steps-from-hell-invincible/#.TlVANZpZKno.facebook

Good to see some of the really old content didn’t all go away.

Lazarus!!!

How goes things?

But yeah, some of our reviews we kept, but mostly just Kenny and myself. The others didn’t have much of a problem letting the old stuff go. I am surprised that the Two Steps From Hell review survived the CCS redirection (Written reviews -> Video Content and Podcasts)

So what about you? When are you going to jump on the video/podcast train?

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Also, Dukect and I are doing a CCS 3-Day Fan Stream if you’re interested in joining us.

Jake_L
    Jake_L
    Participant

Holy shit. Yeah, never realized some of the pre-podcast stuff was still around. I’mma get me popcorn!

zimes
    zimes
    Participant

Heh, Lazarus. I never died, I just became a lurker 😛 . Being up here made it almost impossible to make it to the pod cast although I am always up for it.

No, I will probably never have the time to put out my own podcast. I am willing to help out with others though however I can. If you need me, just ask. I’ll do what I can.

I really miss our softcore po uh, demotivational poster thread 😛

3 day fan stream? let me know the details.

Madness does not always howl. Sometimes it's the quiet voice in your head at the end of the day saying, 'Hey, got room for one more in there?

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

@zimes Here you go!

CCS 3-Day Fan Stream (All details & rules here!)

LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster

@zimes: Well video editing and podcasting might not be everyone’s strength, but right now we’ve been diversifying our talents to build a strong membership for various creative projects.

– Max and I have done a/v editing, writing, and Photoshop work in the past, and now we’re both learning some programming. We’ve also been doing some independent and collaborative writing projects that will hopefully see the light of day as either videos or games.
    – Katie has advanced animation and After Effects knowledge that’s puts some major polish on Wasted Effort. She’s also been a writing collaborator.
    – Fuboo and Katie are both fantastic artists that we’ve had collaborate together on some new projects like the CCS Hentai Game (I sent you a link to the demo in FB 😉 )

Recently, Katie introduced us to her ex-bf that we’re commissioning original music from. We’ve even discovered a game programmer that’s helped us in several CCS-themed mini game projects that will be released soon 🙂

If you think you have something you can dedicate as far as time and talents, shoot me some details in Facebook. We went to the same college, so let me know if you can do some side programming or something else creative along those lines.

zimes
    zimes
    Participant

Sorry, I haven’t coded since college.

I cant make the weekend of the sept 4th -10th. I will be taking the family camping

BVS – Batman vs Superman?

Horror – Laughingman isnt signed up already? if he is you might not get him to shut up 😛

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

Man, the CCS squad has been trying their utmost and yet…

LaughingMan and CineMax have been going hard on coding and programming; Katie and The Fuboo have been unleashing their most creative works ever yet; and all they have to show for it is a fucking hentai game. XD

I don’t know if I should laugh my ass off or cry my ass off.

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

BVS – Batman vs Superman?

Horror – Laughingman isnt signed up already? if he is you might not get him to shut up 😛

The BVS is gonna be a livestream discussion about the Extended Cut (The CCS Crew already reviewed the theatrical version and it’s still unknown if they will join us for the Extended Cut) and so far, only 3 members are joining the discussion. As for horror, I’ll add LaughingMan for the Jason Blum livestream if he comes but he has to watch all the new horror releases to get himself ready (I’m watching Don’t Breathe with my family tomorrow while I patiently await for Morgan & Blair Witch in September) and even if he doesn’t shut up about his love for horror, it’s a treat for my hears (nothing says “joy to the ears” like hearing LaughingMan’s badass rants about certain topics). Since you will not make it for the Gender & Diversity livestream discussion, which of these 2 are you interested in joining?

I don’t know if I should laugh my ass off or cry my ass off.

Why would you cry or laugh your ass off? The CCS Crew are kicking all kinds of ass and despite the long waits for content, they deliver the greats with that perfect topic for discussion and always hit the nail in the head. I am very happy that their skills are getting better each time they work on a podcast or secret project waiting to be introduced to the fans!

Keep moving forward, CCS!

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

Nah, I know they’re pretty cool. I really admire their work and hell, I can’t name one piece of work I haven’t liked. I just think it’s a pretty hilarious situation when the most hard-working moments of your life come up to a hentai game. I’d cry a bit :v I even cry to myself that I’m looking forward to a hentai game :V

But onto another topic, don’t know if I should save this for the horror podcast or not but have you guys seen the trailer for “Rings”? Yes, “Rings”. I know what you’re thinking, and yes; it’s that very same thing.

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

@V-Tundra You mean THIS Rings?

I suggest saving it for the Halloween livestream but yes, it looks like shit.

LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster

Nah, I know they’re pretty cool. I really admire their work and hell, I can’t name one piece of work I haven’t liked. I just think it’s a pretty hilarious situation when the most hard-working moments of your life come up to a hentai game. I’d cry a bit :v I even cry to myself that I’m looking forward to a hentai game :V

But onto another topic, don’t know if I should save this for the horror podcast or not but have you guys seen the trailer for “Rings”? Yes, “Rings”. I know what you’re thinking, and yes; it’s that very same thing.

The Hentai Game idea was just sort of a joke that took a life of its own on. I believe Max and I tossed the idea around while we were doing some story-writing, and we were like “… why not?”

When most of us at CCS undertake a new project it’s usually just a catalyst for us to expand our skillsets and learn new things. It’s sort of like learning to paint: Do you paint something boring and tedious like a bowl of fruit, or do you begin by attempting something that sparks some initial interest? Even the CCS Podcast was originally a way for Max and I to expand our editing skills.

And with our self-deprecatory style of humor, the hentai game is a perfect catalyst to get us to learn some new programming languages for future interactive, story-based projects with our wry sense of humor.

Speaking of interactive projects, a new mini-game will be revealed this Sunday during our Wild Cards Patreon recordings.

“Whoo-hoo!”

LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster

tl;dr We just fly by the seats of our pants and entertain ourselves first and foremost. But you are all welcome to follow 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.