Real Life Mortal Combat

Home Forums Off Topic Real Life Mortal Combat

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by KahunaDrake KahunaDrake 2 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jakob Morris
    Jakob Morris
    Participant
    VelcroRaptor
    VelcroRaptor
    Participant

I was not ready for this. Nothing could have prepared me for this. I might need a break just to cry from sheer joy and excitement.

Do you know what this means for the entertainment industry outside of just sports? Imagine how this could be incorporated into stage productions, films or tv shows for stage combat. Each fight scene is strictly structured and carefully choreographed for more than just making sure the actors or stunt doubles look cool; it’s so they know how to pull away at the last possible second to avoid any serious injuries or possible death. Even the tiniest error could terribly hurt someone. With these suits, however, while the actors would exercise the same level of control, it would greatly minimize the risks taken and maybe even make the scene all that more realistic.

I’m not saying they would wear the whole suits for fight scenes that don’t call for it (it’d be funny to see Legolas or Aragorn run around in them, though), but they could use parts of the suit underneath their costumes or design parts to better fit their outfits.

…Yeah, okay, the acting nerd in me needs a break, if just to watch the video they have in that article multiple times and geek out over the possibilities.

“We're actors — we're the opposite of people!”
    ― Tom Stoppard, "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead"

PandaWarlock
    PandaWarlock
    Participant

Pfff… That’s no Mortal Combat if nobody loses a limb or gets his spine torn out.
    Those suits are there to prevent those things from happening. Where is the fun with that?

But seriously, this thing can be something useful for fighting sports, stunts or even video games. But that is a thing of the future. A lot of work before this gets anywhere.

But damn, if they get BloodBowl real, I’m gonna be a happy panda.

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

Sweet. This technology can have many applications in the future besides sports.

I still want some dragon gauntlets though…

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.