Psychonauts 2 announced for Kickstarter

Home Forums Off Topic Psychonauts 2 announced for Kickstarter

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Mr.K Mr.K 1 year ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Tim Schaffer officially announced the long awaited sequel to Psychonauts but only if you fund the project at Kickstarter. Considering all the bullshit he’s been doing lately (The Broken Age, Spacebase DF9 and #GG joke), I have a feeling his luck will be as dead as a unicorn with no horn or dignity left to live.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/12/03/psychonauts-2-is-finally-happening-if-backers-chip-in-on-fig.aspx

Your thoughts?

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

Jakob Morris
    Jakob Morris
    Participant

I wonder how soon Tim Schaffer will put up another kickstarter for the game.

Also, Ratchet&Clank>Psychonaughts

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

@Jakob Morris I’m betting he will go out of funding and make excuses again.

Jakob Morris
    Jakob Morris
    Participant

Double fine means you pay twice

Shinra Kuroki
    Shinra Kuroki
    Participant

Psychonauts 2, the spiritual successor to Star Citizen. Enough said.

"Now, I’ve forgiven the world and myself, too. I teach myself to smile again. One day I’ll get there, I know I will. Even if it takes me not nine, but nine hundred lives." -Susan Ashworth from The Cat Lady

Jakob Morris
    Jakob Morris
    Participant

Hey star citizen is actually good. Theve been coming out with updates at a steady pace.

Jake_L
    Jake_L
    Participant

Considering how Broken Age turned out, I think I’ll pass.

LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster

BWAAHAHAHAHHAA!! Love that.

Yeah… Tim Schaffer (gender politics aside) is a good storyteller, but a HORRID businessman. After “Spacebase DF-9” and the issues with “Broken Age” I’m going to patiently wait until the game is just released and see how it goes. There’s a few crowdfunding campaigns I’d endorse based on the idea and the reputations of the minds behind the campaigns. Sadly as much as I like “Brutal Legend” and some of the quality games that Double Fine has made in the past I am reluctant to get behind Double Fine unless there’s a finished product (on a Steam sale 😉 )

But with Double Fine I find that often the concepts are amazing, but the execution is a bit lacking (Brutal Legend is a prime example).

tl;dr: Fool me once…

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

BWAAHAHAHAHHAA!! Love that.

Yeah… Tim Schaffer (gender politics aside) is a good storyteller, but a HORRID businessman. After “Spacebase DF-9” and the issues with “Broken Age” I’m going to patiently wait until the game is just released and see how it goes. There’s a few crowdfunding campaigns I’d endorse based on the idea and the reputations of the minds behind the campaigns. Sadly as much as I like “Brutal Legend” and some of the quality games that Double Fine has made in the past I am reluctant to get behind Double Fine unless there’s a finished product (on a Steam sale 😉 )

But with Double Fine I find that often the concepts are amazing, but the execution is a bit lacking (Brutal Legend is a prime example).

tl;dr: Fool me once…

@Jakob Morris You clever man…

@laughingman It’s not worth getting behind any project of Schaffer unless he pulls his head off his ass and complete the game without any excuse of “Oops! I lost all money to the development again! I need more!” cause he’s this close on getting his tongue cut by his own consumers.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.