Project picture book?

Home Forums Member Spotlight Project picture book?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  HulderRia 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

HulderRia
    Participant

Since it requires for me to be knowledgeable with most of the adobe products in the field I’m an apprentice in, I’m attempting to make a small picture book (with some poetry) in Indesign.
    The artwork and writing I’m using is my own, since I wanted to do some touch ups on them both.
    One of the pictures were supposedly inspired by the northen Scandinavian myth about the huldra(a fae/troll in norse folklore), but I guess I took some artistic liberty with stretching it out from its original descriptions.

I’m kind of nervous about posting it here. ^^;

Please excuse my attrocious english. ouo

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

Don’t know why you are nervous. They’re amazing!!

Better than anything I could draw 😀

Keep up the good work!

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

HulderRia
    Participant

Thank you very much! O///O
    I was a bit nervous if it seemed a bit too simple compared to the amazing stuff I’ve seen people post in the member spotlight.
    I will be trying my best to polish my works along the way in this tiny project. *^u^*
    My plan is to do some typographical edits with the texts that will be added, so that it’s as dynamic as the illustrations.

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

I was a bit nervous if it seemed a bit too simple compared to the amazing stuff I’ve seen people post in the member spotlight.

Are you kidding? You have great stuff! It’s no simple thing to create artwork at your level, let alone a book.

Do you plan on publishing it?

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

HulderRia
    Participant

Tusen hjertelig takk ^u^ thank you!

I discussed it with my mentor, who adviced me to just try it out. So I probably will publish it. 🙂

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

I discussed it with my mentor, who adviced me to just try it out. So I probably will publish it. 🙂

Great! Good luck and feel free to post more art! Let us know if it gets published somewhere. 😀

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

HulderRia
    Participant

I will! 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.