Nintendo Wii U/3DS Games Ideas Thread

Home Forums Off Topic Nintendo Wii U/3DS Games Ideas Thread

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Mr.K Mr.K 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

While arriving at home and finishing up my chores, I stumbled on another IGN article that claims that Satoru Iwata, President and CEO of Nintendo, will not abandon it’s Wii U and 3DS hardware for the NX console. Here’s what he has to say about the NX console and regarding the future of the Wii U while also expressing his dedicated games business within Nintendo:

“Regarding your concern about what will happen to Wii U or what will happen to Nintendo 3DS, NX is a new platform, so the installed base will have to be built up from zero.” “When NX is launched, there already will be a certain volume of Nintendo 3DS and Wii U hardware widely existing in the market, so from a software business perspective, it would be highly inefficient to stop releasing titles for Nintendo 3DS or Wii U right after the launch of NX.” “Therefore, while we are preparing NX for the future, we are discussing within our internal development teams as well as with the second-party developers we co-develop software with and also with third-party software publishers about how to continue creating software for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS.” “Nintendo is not pessimistic about the future of the dedicated game system business but rather more and more eager to continue it.”

This got me thinking: If Nintendo is REALLY investing on expanding the Wii U software line-up, then it’s up to us to give out as many ideas on reviving franchises for the new generation or new IP’s ideas to the company in order for Nintendo to get up and make games for everyone. I’m not expecting this thread to easily be a giant success and praise me as some kind of “THE STRANGE INTERNET GUY WHO SAVED NINTENDO!” thing but I’m making this thread because there is an audience for the Wii U and with some third party developers slowly coming to aid the Wii U (it’s rumored that SEGA might make a new deal for Nintendo but it’s yet to be confirmed), I want the Wii U to have a solid library of games with lots of wonderful games that utilizes the Gamepad and just be a fun console for everyone to enjoy. So, I decided to make this as official as possible and even send this thread to Nintendo of Japan and America to see that an audience is just waiting to have more excellent games on the nearly forgotten console and this thread could come in handy for the company since Shigeru Miyamoto himself claimed that he and the company are having big problems in coming up with different new games for the Wii U (Hell, Splatoon took 7 years to make when it began as a prototype Wii game).

Now that I got the preachy speech out of the way, it’s time to establish a few simple yet crucial rules in order for this thread to work. Rules are:

1. Your idea of a game MUST be related to Nintendo or games that could possibly be available for the Wii U and 3DS, so any IP, franchise or company that’s could be owned by Sony or Microsoft don’t count.

2. Establish your idea. Explain what is your idea of a franchise revival or new IP, how it could work and why should Nintendo invest in the idea. Explain your ideas in anyway possible and please, no short easy answers of “because we need to have it” or any mundane reason. You need to give full explanations on why do you believe your idea would work for the Wii U software

3. This thread is about getting ideas for games on Wii U and since we do live in the age of “The Console Wars” crap, I want to remind everyone when you enter this thread, I forbid one simple thing: “NO CONSOLE WARS ARGUMENTS AND FLAME WARS ALLOWED IN THIS THREAD!! Obviously, the CCS gang and even the members know the rules, so there’s no need to tell you guys about it but in case if this thread does get bigger and more well known, other sites will tend to fight over consoles graphic wars and I will not allow such moronic brain damaging bullshit to be spit in this thread. This thread is about trying to help Nintendo get back in their A-game together as not only fans of Nintendo but as gamers that want to see Nintendo step up and makes us proud in making games for everyone that are genuinely fun and exciting.

So, that’s pretty much what this thread is about and I hope this thread works. If not then at least, I gave it my best. Let’s get started, boys and girls! It’s showtime!

Original article of “Nintendo to Continue Wii U, 3DS Support Following NX Launch”: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/02/nintendo-to-continue-wii-u-3ds-support-following-nx-launch?utm_source=IGN hub page&utm_medium=IGN (front page)&utm_content=24&utm_campaign=Blogroll

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

Jakob Morris
    Jakob Morris
    Participant

I’ve always thought a crpg series like Wasteland 2 or Pillars of Eternity (or gods forbid if nintendo wanted to be the most awesome console ever, Planescape: Torment) could work pretty well on the touch pad interfaces of the Wii U and 3DS. I’ve had my own Idea for a crpg like the ones I mentioned that took place in a cyber-punk post-apoc future, and ever since I saw Over the Garden Wall I thought of adding some fantasy and fairy tale elements to the setting. Like having super-mutant trolls living under bridges and having disembodied AI haunt the forests.

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

Not gonna lie, been kinda pessimistic towards Nintendo recently but talking this Tuesday to a fellow gamer about the Wii U/Splatoon got me thinking…

So I really think they should do a sequel/remake to one of the best DS games I ever played: The World Ends With You

With the Wii U tablets capabilities and the fun interactive gameplay style of TWEWY can make for a great addition to the library.
    I also think a game for the 3DS will be fine as well but I really want to see it on the Wii U.

I think there should also be a “pin creation” side activity where you can create pins with their own special powers and/or if you have friends I think you should be able share/trade pins. Side mission-multiplayer with friends where you fight Noise or achieve other objectives.

Just a thought.

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

@JakobMorris That could work well but aren’t usually games like Pillars of Eternity require a large bank of memory data and hardware in order for the game to work?

@kahunadrake YES! That needs to be real. An HD reboot of TWEWY will so boost the sales of the Wii U if Square-Enix decides to commit to the idea.

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

In my personal opinion, Nintendo should stop reviving franchises and come up with something new because let’s be honest, the last 4 Zelda games, 3 of them have been remakes and in time, people start to get bored about playing the same game but with better graphics.

For a fresh idea, I would suggest a strategy-first person type of game. A game that combines the first person of games like For Honor, Gears of War or Halo, and the strategic view of games like StarCraft. I had this idea in particular, which may be too big to realize; I’ll explain later. But I think this idea could work since it could combine the use of the wii-mote in first person when you’re fighting/shooting/climbing/interacting and use the touch pad to move/attack/create units on a bird’s eye view of the arena.

I’m thinking of a formula like StarCraft. Create units, collect resources and beat the opponent’s team.

So my idea is a game that has a theme similar to Xevoz (For those of you who don’t know, Xevoz was a line of Hasbro toys which were build-able action figures) and my idea consists of a world that contains 7 different tribes of creatures. One is conformed of monsters, the other of elemental-beings, another being anthropomorphic animals, another being giant insects, another one being sentient robots, another one being magical creatures and the final one being futuristic humans (Yes, I am aware it’s very similar to Xevoz). Every tribe has different skills and abilities, and depending on which tribe you fight, there are advantages and disadvantages.

E.x. The elemental beings tribe can build units faster than the human tribe, but the human units have better weapons than the elemental beings tribe. The monster tribe can hide better, but the insect tribe can move faster throughout the map.

I don’t know if this could be possible, but it’s still an idea. Another idea I have could be a port of the “Dracula’s Castle” videogame idea I gave in Jakob Morris’ Videogame Idea Thread. The player could interact the game with the wii-mote while using the touch pad to organize resources, build weapons and spot any monsters on dark areas.

Anyways, I’m trying to come up with ideas that stay away from the remake/revival area of games.

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

0megablaster
    Participant

I think a second instalment in Super Mario Sunshine needs to happen. When I was a kid playing the Gamecube my first game I played was Super Mario Sunshine and I loved ever second of it. I can see how nintendo can pull it off too. It can be two player with Mario being controled by the game pad and Luigi being controled by a pro controler/Gamecube controler. The game cover woul probably look like this

pic.twitter.com/GJXoA0MC0F

This game would have so much potential and can make so much money.

Nintendo can also try doing Super Mario Galaxy 3 I bet it would be just as popular too. Especially if they do co:op right.

We live to play and let's players play to live. Life isn't easy but it sure is fun.

Jakob Morris
    Jakob Morris
    Participant

@Mr.K: Well it might be more feasable for an older game like Planescape or Baldurs Gate. But for more recent titles it could probably work on the Wii U but there definately isnt gonna be enough space for games like that on the 3DS

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

So far, a lot of great ideas here and I really appreciate you guys on posting here in this thread. I have a few ideas for more games on the Wii U like this one that I mention back on the video games ideas thread:

“If I were to make a game, it would be a fighting game but here’s the kicker: It would be a fighting game with all of your favorite cartoon characters (both old and new) beating the shit out of each other. It’s Smash Bros. with cartoons instead and I would call it “Toon Wars” (the title sounds catchy). In this game, I would include:

A huge roster of over 68 fighters from different cartoons in TV and film including Aladdin, Wander Over Yonder, Regular Show, Samurai Jack, Swat Katz, Ben 10, Powerpuff Girls, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Beauty and the Beast (who doesn’t wanna play as Beast or Gaston?), Adventure Time, Steven Universe, TMNT, Johnny Bravo, Courage the Cowardly Dog and so forth while obviously adding stages based on the cartoons but with a twist: The background characters may come to life and wreck chaos on the stage with a very simple yet fun to master fighting system that mixes the battle system of Smash Bros. with MARVEL VS CAPCOM.

A campaign mode for up to 6 players (both offline and online) with the cartoon heroes going on an epic quest to save their worlds from evil type story but with interactions with different characters by using a very witty script that uses fourth wall and META humor all together with a fun fast combat system with decent platform sections and having the chance to fight your favorite villains in crazy boss fights like Aku, Amon, Gaston, Frollo, Maleficent, Scar, Pete, The Shadowman and more.

A very deep and fun customization modes including the ability to create stages by messing with the terrain, mixing different colors and palettes for the look of the stage, adding traps on the stage and adding a music theme to the stage. As for the other customization mode, it would be called “Create a Toon” and this mode will allow you to not only create your toon but to go extremely crazy with it’s customization options like having the ability to change the look of the eyes, hair, ears and mouth to either a more american or anime look to allow yourself to modify the face at your own desire. It would also allow yourself to make your toon into just a boring looking human or you can make him look like a werewolf, reptile, tiger or a lot of different skins to give the character a very cool unique look with thousands of different customization clothes right from the get-go and you can also modify the look and feel of your weapons by adding color, tattoos, editing the weight and size of the weapon, you name it and after that is finished, you can make your own fighting style for your character or fuse two different fighting styles.

I would also add a “Treasure Vault” mode where the player can see the things he unlocked by playing hours into the game including concept art, music, movies and even unlocking episodes (including rare episodes never released on TV) of your favorite cartoons.”

Another idea I have for a Wii U game is Final Fantasy mixed with Skyrim open world gameplay while adding religious icons into the game like Buddha, Jesus and Lucifer. The idea of this game would be in a world where Buddha and Jesus are sent on a mission from God himself to try and rid the world of sin while Jesus questions whenever or not his sacrifice made some difference in our time and exploring our world in general from different cultures and people to the different religions that now inhabit our social life with Buddha having an optimistic yet curious personality to the whole mission and Lucifer is the main baddie but I describe him more as a tragic figure than a straight up villain. It’s a game with a story that talks about themes of religion, sins, manipulation of the people and beliefs as the game’s story progresses even further down the rabbit hole while adding a customizable Kingdom Hearts like real time battle system to mix things up during battles including boss battles that resembles from ancient history and gods. I would also include a morality system that changes the response of people you meet by making making drastic choices that alter the world and each choice will have a consequence whenever the choice is a good or bad one. The details I try to provide for this are a little muddy but it could be a huge seller.

As for reviving franchises. an HD reboot revival of Secret of Evermore and Secret of Mana as Wii U exclusives would be incredibly fucking cool.

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Also, do any of you guys have different accounts on different sites by any means? Because I want you guys to spread this thread to every gaming community out there while I try to send a message to Nintendo about this thread.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.