New P.T. 2… err, I mean Outlast 3… err, I mean Resident Evil trailer!

Home Forums Off Topic New P.T. 2… err, I mean Outlast 3… err, I mean Resident Evil trailer!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Mr.K Mr.K 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

So yeah, after taking down the fan-made RE2 remake and making it their own, Capcom has officially launched a new trailer for the latest franchise in the Resident Evil series!

…does anyone think it’s too similar to the P.T. Teaser? Or perhaps Outlast? To quote one of the YouTube comments:

“Looks like every indie horror game Markiplier’s ever played”

I just muted the video after the generic-kewl-hip-horror-movie soundtrack; but I’m not looking forward to one single dent to this. At all. What do you guys think?

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

RE 7 as a whole:

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

And ain’t that the sad, pitiful truth…

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Can we agree RE 6 was actually a great game that could have gone in a great direction?

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

Honestly, I found RE6 like a 3-day-old plate of sushi: colorful and trying to impress you but bland and boring. In my opinion, it tries to throw so much at your face it gets old (a tank chasing you through a mansion, escaping an avalanche on a motor-ski, jumping to a helicopter with a motorcycle, zombies wielding firearms, a transformer T-rex/fly/lion zombie boss, the biggest sexual innuendo fitted into another boss, egh…) and yes, Resident Evil isn’t the sort of game you should take seriously, but even in a world of zombies and monsters there’s still limits.

That’s all I can say. It’s not the worst game of all time, but I’d just play it if I was very bored and had some spare change on that rental card from 2 years ago.

Shinra Kuroki
    Shinra Kuroki
    Participant

Can we agree RE 6 was actually a great game that could have gone in a great direction?

No, RE6 was Dead Space without all the cool Sci-fi stuff, the awesome zero-G, and the foresight to make the monsters able to fuse together in order not to break the suspension of disbelief like RE6 does (cause RE6 violates conservation of mass with all the giant enemies).

I know this isn’t a popular opinion, but I kind of like the RE7 trailer. There’s a mysterious air to it that doesn’t instantly shout out “Umbrella is behind it all, just like every other RE game”. I’m hoping that they move away from the horde shooter & make it basically like Shadow of the Colossus, but instead of giant boss monsters, it’s all slasher boss fights where you’re running for your life through a unfamiliar house looking for something, anything to defend yourself with. Like I would be ok with this having less than 25 adversaries total, as long as each fight is dynamic & terrifying. I hope that is what they’re doing with RE7, making it so every second feels like a fight for survival against bizarre & disfigured creatures.

"Now, I’ve forgiven the world and myself, too. I teach myself to smile again. One day I’ll get there, I know I will. Even if it takes me not nine, but nine hundred lives." -Susan Ashworth from The Cat Lady

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

This is a video that brings up an interesting point regarding RE VII:

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.