New FNAF game trailer! Wasn't this supposed to be already over?

Home Forums Off Topic New FNAF game trailer! Wasn't this supposed to be already over?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  0megablaster 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

I’ve got something to say to Scott Cawthon about his pandering to the worst of the FNAF fandom and destroying his “final episode” promise.

FUCK.
    YOU.

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

………………

Attachments:

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

Shinra Kuroki
    Shinra Kuroki
    Participant

That’s bad, but Scott Cawthon’s greatest sin will always be making Game Theory popular.

"Now, I’ve forgiven the world and myself, too. I teach myself to smile again. One day I’ll get there, I know I will. Even if it takes me not nine, but nine hundred lives." -Susan Ashworth from The Cat Lady

0megablaster
    Participant

I think what he meant by it being over was that the original cast of animtronics are over and done with and they are moving to the next location to try to keep this series alive. It’s not a bad idea financially so i can’t really blame Scott on this one

We live to play and let's players play to live. Life isn't easy but it sure is fun.

LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster

If I said Scott should not do another FNAF game I’d be a hypocrite. Nintendo can milk Mario, Naughty Dog can have Uncharted sequels, and id Software can make another DOOM game (SQUEE!!). Sony said they killed Kratos (God of War 3) and then made a prequel immediately after. Game developers who find something the public likes should be able to make more of the same. Make that bank, stack that paper. I wouldn’t deny Scott from making his money on something that has struck the public consciousness.

I don’t think it’s a particularly good game series. I think that a chunk of the fan community is insane, as in beyond Bronies crazy. I think that FNAF:World (RIP) was a horrible idea that seemed to be appeasing/appealing to the worst aspects of that aforementioned fan community. I HOPED Scott would take his talents and try a swing at something different besides sticking with FNAF.

But, while I joke and groan about another FNAF game, I won’t condemn a man for giving his consumers what they want. Especially after he handled the FNAF:World refunds and Steam removal so voluntarily pro-consumer that I had to applaud him for his integrity.

If I had the talent to make a game that went wildfire like FNAF, and I thought there was enough demand for me to make sequels, I’d make sequels in a heartbeat.

As far as Sister Location: All I can hope for is that the series evolves. I am nearly done reading the PHENOMINAL BOOK “Masters of Doom”, the biography of id Software, John Carmack and John Romero. One thing that the ‘Two Johns’ understood is that you have to keep improving and upping your game with each new… well, game. I applaud Scott’s initiative and success, but if Sister Location is just a reskinning of the ‘same old’, I’ll be more disappointed than the legions of YouTube jumpscare celebrities.

0megablaster
    Participant

I guess we’ll see how things turn out in the next trailer xD

We live to play and let's players play to live. Life isn't easy but it sure is fun.

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

Maybe the guy does deserve his recognition; maybe it’s my dark side getting tired after every FNAF coming out and the legions of screamers and rule-34-ers on the horizon that got me on the edge.

…but then again, I doubt that Cawthon does anything new or original in his new entries since it’s the basic “flicker-n’-jumpscare” tactic that’s the most popular with the let’s-players and the community in general. That and the fact that these new monsters are female, they give me the goosebumps of all the rule 34 tidewave of images that’s coming. Egh…

Though if Cawthon does come up with another project other than FNAF, I may look forward to it.

LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster

Yeah, if Sister Location is the same thing with a Rule 34 swap, then I think he’s going to legitimately dissapoint people more than 5NAF 4. Same old, same old -_-

But if he took the next step in the evolution of the series (ala ‘The Joy of Creation Reborn’ 3D roaming 5NAF) then we’ll at least have that. No indication of that being the case, though 😛

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

It’s actually kinda ironic that fan-made game is more terrifying than the original game. Looking at the Joy of Creation, that actually wouldn’t be a bad idea of a game at all. It’s hide-and-seek taken at the you-die-you-lose level which is kinda cool, and there’s a big backdrop to make a story based on the mechanic of the game.

I once played FNAF and quit after the 3rd time after how boring it was (in my opinion), but I’ll try this one out.

0megablaster
    Participant

God The Joy of creation scared the shit out of me when i played the early beta
    Here’s the video if you want to see me almost shit my pants.

I think it’s still too early to say what Scott has in mind for the Sister Location.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.