Movie Reviewers sucking James Blum's Get Out's Cock…

Home Forums Off Topic Movie Reviewers sucking James Blum's Get Out's Cock…

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by shenyongo shenyongo 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    shenyongo
    shenyongo
    Participant

So basically Get Out is this year’s GHOSTBUSTERS 2016………….

Nat
    Nat
    Participant

I remember seeing the trailer for this a while back and thought it was hilarious… I really wasn’t sure if it was a comedy, a horror or both. I’ll have to see it for myself some time…

- There was a signature here... it's gone now...

shenyongo
    shenyongo
    Participant

It’s just that what I find suspicious about all this apparent critical acclaim of this movie is the fact that it has a 100% on Rotten Tomatoes…. I’m not kidding…
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/get_out/
    All these critics seem to be praising the movie as “ground breaking”, “subverting horror convections” (which I find funny considering that this looks like typical Jason Blum Jump-scare fest schlock), with special praise for “examining racism”. I just can’t help but suspect that this is another Ghostbuster 2016 situation where the praise is directed towards “what it presents” rather than its merit. Not to mention we all remember all the praise The Blair Witch reboot got (some called it “ground breaking”) before it came out, in which a flood of negative reviews came afterwards.

If what I think of the praise the movie is getting ends up being true then I might start ignoring Rotten Tomatoes from now on.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.