Lionsgate is making a live-action Naruto movie

Home Forums Off Topic Lionsgate is making a live-action Naruto movie

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by V-Tundra V-Tundra 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

https://www.variety.com/2015/film/news/lionsgate-naruto-movie-micahel-gracey-1201554281/

I just… Damn it, Hollywood.

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

Used to be somewhat of a narutard once and I can’t even fathom how an Hollywood adaption would look like.

I just think it would be really bizarre piece of cinema gaze upon.

I wonder if it’s going to be a loose adaptation or are they going to take it to the hilt?

At this point in my life, I think certain manga/anime is best left in print/animation.

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

Devilboy06
    Devilboy06
    Participant

It’s Avatar the Last Airbender all over again.

0megablaster
    Participant

It might end up being like the live action Dragonball Z movie -_-

Actually… Let’s hope they don’t go that far…

We live to play and let's players play to live. Life isn't easy but it sure is fun.

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

@Christian Bagnato They will. It’s Hollywood we are talking about here.

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

0megablaster
    Participant

true -_- it’s doomed then

We live to play and let's players play to live. Life isn't easy but it sure is fun.

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

Now, I’m not a fan of anime. I’ve never watched anime (Well, I only saw one episode of Evangelion. Wasn’t my cup of tea), but if there’s something I’ve learned about film adaptations it’s that it’s a leap of faith. With crocodiles at the bottom. Swimming in lava. With lava sharks coming out the lava. And spikes closing in. With upside-down volcanoes. And super lasers.

Now, there are rare adaptations that are actually pretty decent like Tintin and the upcoming “Peanuts” movie actually looks pretty cool, but when trying to adapt something complex like a videogame (Silent Hill, Resident Evil) or adding a story to something that’s pretty simple (Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter), there’s always gonna be deep sinkholes the producers will step on.

Now, as for anime, it’s kinda the same thing. Some anime series have deep, complex plots which cannot be summed up in one movie, so it’s pretty risky to adapt one into a movie.

And then there’s some (pardon my language) piss-spurting poser douchebag from India who takes the biggest piss one of the greatest cartoons ever made by making it into a bland, CGI-ridden, no character development, exposition overflowing, boring and overall, pathetic attempt of a movie. If you still don’t know what I’m talking about, Last Airbender.

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.