John Snow points out male objectification, feminists angered

Home Forums Off Topic John Snow points out male objectification, feminists angered

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Jake_L Jake_L 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

He says sexism but I think its more objectification like others have pointed out. Harrington is right though, actors and actresses are objectified in our society based on their looks.

However, why is the media praising the female gaze as empowering for everyone but the male gaze is degrading and one-dimenisional?

As discussed in a previous WildCards in regards to sexuality, objectification happens at some level between men and women.

“I never said all actors are cattle; what I said was all actors should be treated like cattle.” – Alfred Hitchcock

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

Shinra Kuroki
    Shinra Kuroki
    Participant

Feminists completely fail at science. They observe something, make up a hypothesis, & than they fail to test that hypothesis. Most of their hypothesis’s are nonfalsifiable, but the ones that are, are never tested rigorously or cogently. The problem with most feminist “research” is they just look for instances of it occuring & then saying that proves society is sexist. They never prove it’s sexist, they just prove instance of what they have defined have occurred. E.g every Anita video ever. Damsel’s in distress is sexists, because I find find many example of damsel’s in distress. That isn’t an argument.

Feminists don’t understand how to check their biases. They don’t ask “if” something is sexist, they ask “how” something is sexist. Cause they work off the modus operandi that society is sexist & everything is sexist, they keep coming up with more & more convoluted theories to justify feminism continuing to exist. Manspreading, mansplaining, & the male gaze are all unfounded feminist theories that demonstrate how half-baked feminism’s core issues have become.

"Now, I’ve forgiven the world and myself, too. I teach myself to smile again. One day I’ll get there, I know I will. Even if it takes me not nine, but nine hundred lives." -Susan Ashworth from The Cat Lady

Jake_L
    Jake_L
    Participant

In related news: water is wet

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.