Is The Walking Dead Dying? (possible spoilers)

Home Forums Off Topic Is The Walking Dead Dying? (possible spoilers)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by KahunaDrake KahunaDrake 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    natnatno1
    natnatno1
    Participant

From the get-go, I’m gonna admit that I love the Walking Dead. It’s probably my 2nd favourite show on television (between a series about a vigilante serial killer with a slide box and a certain HBO fantasy show with dragons and direwolves), and I have seen every episode thus far. However, it’d be an understatement to say that the show’s pace has almost stalled since season 1. The tension filled and exciting moments from the first two series (e.g. walking among the zomb- er, excuse me- walkers covered in guts hoping that they wouldn’t be caught, or the time when the group were hiding under the cars when the herd came shuffling at the beginning of season 2) seem to be few and far between in the later seasons. Don’t get me wrong- there still are some gripping moments, but for every “Rick hiding under a bed from unknown intruders,” there’s three episodes of brooding, planning and an existential crisis that you have to sit through.

This may be because of the amount of episodes- the first season had 6 episodes, whereas later seasons have a total of 16 episodes. It feels like they both have the same amount of story, but where it would fill 6 episodes, it would have to be stretched to fill the 16 that the later seasons demand. You could completely skip certain episodes of the later seasons and it would barely make a difference.

What do you guys think? Do you think the new series will be better? Or the spinoff? Or are you fine with the way the show is?

- There was a signature here... it's gone now...

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

Actually, I think the Walking Dead is one of those rare shows that actually get better with each season. I think the beginning seasons were slower paced as to fill out characters and show interactions and later seasons are more action oriented but still have good character development. I think the upcoming season will be great and I can’t wait to see what happens. I also need to check out the spinoff airing in September (?).

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.