I'm Not Ashamed trailer

Home Forums Off Topic I'm Not Ashamed trailer

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by V-Tundra V-Tundra 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Guys, I think I just found the most insulting pile of horseshit since Passion of the Christ.

Attachments:

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

Luke V
    Participant

I don’t know it doesn’t seem harmful, although anything uber christian makes me cringe.
    It isn’t focused on the shooting the story seems more about keeping your faith in spite of tragedy.
    Y’know which means the main character will have an actual character arc, so that makes it a real movie anyway.
    Sadly a movie made only for the christian audience… they do love a rallying cry bet they will make a lot of money.

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

I don’t know it doesn’t seem harmful, although anything uber christian makes me cringe.

PureFlix is basically turning this tragic event into a film by adding a bullshit motivation as to why they killed Rachel Joy Scott: Because they killed her for her belief in Jesus. I’m not kidding, it’s literally confirmed in the trailer that the idiots who made this NEVER did the research behind the shootout.

Luke V
    Participant

You expected them to do research into a true story movie. Your faith in humanity is inspiring but this topic has given me an idea for a web-series where we analyze upcoming movies and the social pressures surrounding it and the target markets so we can predict how much money it will make.
    Let me see Christian market + Gun Violence Tragedy Target market is North America. vulnerable female lead so the SJW market might get tapped but it will probably split. I put it at around 150 million box office. It’s a little low because Gun Violence makes people uncomfortable and while it should tap the Christian market they won’t have a established bible character.

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

OH FOR THE MOTHERFUCKING LOVE OF…

ONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO. JUST NO!

Where do I even start with this? Using a tragedy to promote a single set of beliefs already dropped the ball, the generic stereotypes dug an even deeper hole, a predictable lack of research into the tragedy is an insult itself; this is going to be one lame, bland, damned, hammed, cramped attempt at embodying/idolizing a single victim from a massacre, trying to show people that “the poor innocent devoted little christian was martyred by the big. bad horrible gun-wielding seculars!”.

Can you imagine the guys who made this film how they’re going to react when it bombs?

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

Luke V
    Participant

Why do think it will bomb V-Tundra? I suppose if the reviews are scathing enough it could.

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Why do think it will bomb V-Tundra? I suppose if the reviews are scathing enough it could.

Everyone said the same thing about God’s Not Dead when the trailer debuted but it turned out to be a big hit with religious audiences and got a sequel this year while also getting more pretentious insulting manipulative religious films in their belt. Also, considering this movie exists because the mother of the victim wanted to cash in on her daughters death for the rights to make a movie (the father wanted none of this as he prefers to let her daughter rest in peace instead of using her as ways of being greedy), it’s no wonder why Pureflix saw gold with this project: it’s not meant to convey a story of belief but to exploit it through manipulation and attacking atheists for not believing in Jesus or God ( I have friends who are atheists but that doesn’t mean I’m gonna shit on their right to not believe in gods or religions). This is just like Passion Of The Christ, an insulting horseshit of a film depicting the story by focusing on the gruesome torture of Jesus for 2 and a half hours that got praise by idiotic critics who got so “spellbounded” by the movie, it has to be shown to schools! (I watched this when I was little and it was the worst thing I had to sit through).

This sudden trend of religious films exist now due to controversial news regarding religions, Westboro and so many moronic crap Pureflix is trying to leech on to for more religious manipulative films to rip their beliefs and shame those who dare bring facts or common sense to their way of making these movies. Want a good movie that deals with religious stories? There’s plenty of those and those are called “good movies that don’t pander to hot topic trends”:

These movies put Pureflix into shame and rightfully so.

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

Well, I think that if you mix human tragedy with a lame attempt to convey a weak message, it won’t be a very flourishing formula. Granted, there are films that are just like what this storm cloud will appear to be that have been very successful, but lately I’ve seen that a decent part of movie-goers have taken on a more critical perspective of films. People are starting to think for themselves.

it’s not meant to convey a story of belief but to exploit it through manipulation and attacking atheists for not believing in Jesus or God

You could say that about every religious film that there is. Not trying to offend anyone, but from my own perspective; religious films are only made to stroke the greater ego of how “blessed” and “lucky” are the followers of said religion are. As in trying to say “we’re going to use this to show that we are the correct ones and any different system of beliefs is false”.

I find it disgusting that the victim’s own mother would cash in on her daughter’s death, at least there should’ve been a bit more effort on telling the story from a more objective point of view; as in show the real lives of those who were killed instead of being cramped into Hollywood stereotypes.

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.