Funimation to release Makoto Shinkai's Your Name in North American theaters

Home Forums Off Topic Funimation to release Makoto Shinkai's Your Name in North American theaters

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Mr.K Mr.K 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    shenyongo
    shenyongo
    Participant

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-17/shinkai-your-name-anime-film-opens-in-theaters-in-u.s-canada-on-april-7/.111060
    Funination will open the new hit anime film Your Name in theaters in the US and Canada on April 7th.
    According to the article above they will be releasing both the original Japanese with subtitles and an English dub (which given Funimation’s track record will likely be a very good dub).

Personally I have always been interested in this film and I am excited about being able to see this movie on the big screen. Certainly so far the only aminated movie I plan to see this year (considering that the other options are Boss Baby, Emoji movie, and Despicable Me 3……).
    For those of you who haven’t heard of this movie, basically it is about a boy and a girl (from the city and country respectively) who seem to be constantly swapping bodies with each other and experiencing each other’s lives. Where as most of the time whenever something uses the body swap trope it plays it for laughs, Your Name utilizes the trope in a much more mature and meaningful manner.
    For those of you who are interested, here is a review from Jim Gisriel (a friend of Pan Pizza aka rebeltaxi) that elaborates on what the movie is about (it might contain some spoilers though be warned).

Jake_L
    Jake_L
    Participant

Good. For all of their short comings, Shinkai makes good movies that really reach into people’s emotional comfort zones—unlike that hack Miyazaki; building a career making THE SAME FLICK over and over again.

Don’t give me that look, you know I’m right.

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

unlike that hack Miyazaki; building a career making THE SAME FLICK over and over again.
    Don’t give me that look, you know I’m right.

*tries to resist the urge to slice Jake in half*

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.