Fresh from my Twitter Grape Vine: Drama @ #HugoAwards

Home Forums Off Topic Fresh from my Twitter Grape Vine: Drama @ #HugoAwards

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Mr.K Mr.K 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Shinra Kuroki
    Shinra Kuroki
    Participant

I found out about the Hugo awards and the group #SadPuppies the way I find out about a lot of news, having GamerGate accursed of doing something wrong. A year ago, some Scifi and Fantasy fans bound together to vote in the Hugo Awards in order to draw recognition to authors who they believed to be more deserving of the awards but have been shafted out of them due to political correctness. The Sad Puppies were more concerned with the merit of the author’s books, than the author’s political alignment and their “politically incorrect” behavior. Due to the SadPuppies efforts, they were able to get awards to authors who would normally not have a snowflakes chance in Hell of getting the award due to the injection of PC culture into the Hugo Awards. A lot of SJWs and feminists got triggered because they felt the PC authors should get the awards and that GG was ballot stuffing the awards. To vote in the Hugo Awards, you need to be a supporting member, which means theirs a fee (it’s 40$ this year) to be able to vote. That was a year ago.

This years Hugo Awards had the return of the Sad Puppies. This time though, the Hugo Awards have decided to award “no award” with the awards in multiple categories. The Hugo Awards are basically deciding not to give anyone the award because the wrong person was voted by their members to get it. I can’t wait to see where it goes from here.

Attachments:

"Now, I’ve forgiven the world and myself, too. I teach myself to smile again. One day I’ll get there, I know I will. Even if it takes me not nine, but nine hundred lives." -Susan Ashworth from The Cat Lady

Shinra Kuroki
    Shinra Kuroki
    Participant

It seems that “No Award” was a fill in the blank choice for the voting of the Hugo Awards. It looks like it was the SJWs this time who were ballot stuffing. I don’t know if they found passed the pay wall or if they literally sunk in lots of money to make this happen(*cough* man being a trust fund kid must be sweet *cough).

Picture related to post. Not 100% sure on it’s authenticity. I will link to a reliable source when ever it gets posted.

Attachments:

"Now, I’ve forgiven the world and myself, too. I teach myself to smile again. One day I’ll get there, I know I will. Even if it takes me not nine, but nine hundred lives." -Susan Ashworth from The Cat Lady

Shinra Kuroki
    Shinra Kuroki
    Participant

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/08/23/set-phasers-to-kill-sjws-burn-down-the-hugo-awards-to-prove-how-tolerant-and-welcoming-they-are/

Ninety-Three
    Ninety-Three
    Participant

I have been observing the drama that has been surrounding the Hugo Awards and Science Fiction Literature myself for a while now. Unfortunately, this has been getting worse. Even Neil Gaiman is not immune to this.

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

Meh… at least it’s better than the Saturn Awards.

I mean, seriously? Dracula Untold wins “Best Horror Film” over The Babadook? Let me just re-type that again in disbelief. DRACULA UNTOLD WINS BEST HORROR FILM OVER THE BABADOOK?

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

Ninety-Three
    Ninety-Three
    Participant

You’re right O-Tundra. That really is abysmal about the Saturn Awards. I mean the Hugos did have value long ago as they went to the books like Dune by Frank Herbert, awesome novel. Now they are given to the likes of Red Shirts by John Scalzi, which is Star Trek fan fiction by the way. I think Harlan Ellison really explains this best in these videos.

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Meh… at least it’s better than the Saturn Awards.

I mean, seriously? Dracula Untold wins “Best Horror Film” over The Babadook? Let me just re-type that again in disbelief. DRACULA UNTOLD WINS BEST HORROR FILM OVER THE BABADOOK?

No wonder the writers are getting easy money for their shit talents. They just finished working on Gods of Egypt for February 26 and are working on another Dracula movie.

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.