F**k remakes!!!

Home Forums Off Topic F**k remakes!!!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Mr.K Mr.K 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Nat
    Nat
    Participant

Did anyone see the movie Housebound? If not, go onto Netflix right now and watch it- you’ll be doing yourself one massive favour. It’s a comedy/horror film which is one hell of a breath of fresh air, especially in this era of shitty horror films everywhere you turn your head.But there’s one problem…

…It was made in New Zealand…

Now why is that such a big deal? Well, because obviously we can’t be expected to watch something where everyone speaks in a different accent, regardless of whether or not they are speaking IN ENGLISH. So, of course, what shall we do? Well, let’s remake it, of course….

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3332092/housebound-getting-remade-new-line/

So there we are. Barely a year after it’s release, Hollywood have decided to remake this gem of a film with American actors and American accents. It’s genius, right…? Right………?

I am absolutely disgusted by this, and while I obviously don’t know for sure, I can make an educated guess that the remake will suck all kinds of spherical shaped objects.

Fuck you, Hollywood! Leave Housebound alone!!

- There was a signature here... it's gone now...

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

So there we are. Barely a year after it’s release, Hollywood have decided to remake this gem of a film with American actors and American accents. It’s genius, right…? Right………?

It’s Hollywood, what the hell can we do about it? It’s been a common trend for few decades with some success (Let Me In) and some failures (Oldboy remake) but mostly failures. Look at the US remakes based on Japanese horror films like Pulse, One Missed Call or Dark Water for obvious examples.

Now why is that such a big deal? Well, because obviously we can’t be expected to watch something where everyone speaks in a different accent, regardless of whether or not they are speaking IN ENGLISH. So, of course, what shall we do? Well, let’s remake it, of course….

It’s because our culture is so apathetic, we would rather bitch and complain instead of trying to enjoy the film whenever it’s made in the US or somewhere else.

I already did talk about this on the comments in the “Superhero Bubble After Hours” audio but truth to be told, I have nothing against remakes, sequels, prequels or reboots as long as they get directors and writers that know what the hell they’re doing and respect it’s source materials but instead, Hollywood just hires hacks to remake beloved properties because fuck talent! The brand is recognizable, so let’s streamline the shit out of it! This kind of mentality is what’s gonna hurt the careers of many talented individuals trying to get jobs at Hollywood because they want to bring something unique or interesting to the medium. Hell, simply making original movies won’t cut it anymore if we get more crap like these:

THIS is what happens when you let bad decisions or executions hurt originality. Plus, despite many audiences going all “nothing is original anymore” whining, when they get something truly unique and new, they go full hypocritical by saying “UGH! It’s too original or deep”. God, I hate when people bullshit through their teeth.

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.