"Everything is sexist" -Pop Culture Critics

Home Forums Off Topic "Everything is sexist" -Pop Culture Critics

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Shinra Kuroki Shinra Kuroki 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Shinra Kuroki
    Shinra Kuroki
    Participant

I know most of you probably already seen this video or at least know the quote. Well, I also recently saw a gif of Laci Green the other day & they’re remarkably similar.

Laci Green
    Trying to use a gif on this forum so it may screw up. (URL below)

Wow, scary right. I wanted to make up my own law of the internet & right now it’s loosely “People who analyze media with a very narrow ideological lens, shouldn’t analyze media”. The main reason I want to coin that phrase is that ethnocentrism is ruining video game analysis & critique. Too many prominent critics are more concerned with making the video game market cater to their views and Ideologies than actually looking at the strengths and merits of the actual games they play (or at least claim to play). Many game journalists are not checking their own biases & are no longer informing people, they’re telling them what to think.

That gif and Anita video are the zeitgeist of current state of video games journalism. They assume everything is sexist, homophobic, racist, and problematic; and that means NOTHING is right with video games, that EVERYTHING about video games needs to change. These people will never be happy, no change will be good enough, and they want nothing but to censor everything & anything they dislike with no cogent reason why.

I’ll leave you with this lovely song summing up this whole post ^-^

"Now, I’ve forgiven the world and myself, too. I teach myself to smile again. One day I’ll get there, I know I will. Even if it takes me not nine, but nine hundred lives." -Susan Ashworth from The Cat Lady

Shinra Kuroki
    Shinra Kuroki
    Participant

Laci Green

The gif didn’t work >.< Oh well, try try again.

"Now, I’ve forgiven the world and myself, too. I teach myself to smile again. One day I’ll get there, I know I will. Even if it takes me not nine, but nine hundred lives." -Susan Ashworth from The Cat Lady

Shinra Kuroki
    Shinra Kuroki
    Participant

“https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CQLih01UsAEfRHW.mp4”

I guess you’ll have to highlight the link and open a new tab yourself to see the gif.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.