E3 2015 Begins…

Home Forums Off Topic E3 2015 Begins…

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Mr.K Mr.K 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Looks like E3 2015 Is gonna hit the fan and the trailers are popping like cherry bombs. Let the erection begin!

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Jakob Morris
    Jakob Morris
    Participant

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

@Jakob Morris Honey, you’re erection hasn’t even begun to grow…

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

So I just saw that the next Xbox One’s update will allow it to read 360 games… About frigging time.

Can you believe that a past-gen Xbox 360 had retro-compatibility when it came out, but a next-gen cutting edge Xbox One couldn’t? Can you also believe that you can just put a game disc on an Xbox 360 and instantly play it but with a next-gen Xbox One you still have to install it?

This is why I’m skeptical of next-gen consoles, and why I’m not very amused by this year’s E3. Removing local co-op of Halo? Really?

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster

So I just saw that the next Xbox One’s update will allow it to read 360 games… About frigging time.

Can you believe that a past-gen Xbox 360 had retro-compatibility when it came out, but a next-gen cutting edge Xbox One couldn’t? Can you also believe that you can just put a game disc on an Xbox 360 and instantly play it but with a next-gen Xbox One you still have to install it?

This is why I’m skeptical of next-gen consoles, and why I’m not very amused by this year’s E3. Removing local co-op of Halo? Really?

There might be hardware incompatibilities that would make on-the-fly 360 -> XBONE rendering impractical. Not sure, really. If any console SHOULD have backwards compatibility, it should be the Microsoft Xbox architectures (DirectX-based?). But hopefully the consoles will realize that forcing their customers to repurchase inferior versions of the games they own and cherish is a pretty disgusting practice.

Jakob Morris
    Jakob Morris
    Participant

I felt bad for Halo since it had to follow up Doom and Fallout from last night. It did not impress me :T

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Holy shit, wave of CG and gameplay trailers incoming!

Fuck me, I can’t keep up with this shit!

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Star Wars Battlefront Gameplay demo!

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

There might be hardware incompatibilities that would make on-the-fly 360 -> XBONE rendering impractical. Not sure, really. If any console SHOULD have backwards compatibility, it should be the Microsoft Xbox architectures (DirectX-based?). But hopefully the consoles will realize that forcing their customers to repurchase inferior versions of the games they own and cherish is a pretty disgusting practice.

I am aware of the hardware incompatibilities on both the consoles, but what I don’t understand is why not try and create a console that could read both Xbox 360 games and new games when Microsoft started designing the Xbox One. Now, I’ll admit I don’t know anything about how a console works or how to build one, but I’m pretty sure there’s gotta be a way for a console to read new and classic CD’s/DVD’s. If the Xbox 360 could, then maybe they could’ve made it with this one. As for the “repurchase inferior versions of the games they own”, I believe that the players won’t need to re-buy games they already own. As far as I understand, I believe you only need to insert the discs of the 360 games you already own and you’ll just need to install the Xbox One compatible version, without re-purchasing it, though I agree that re-purchasing already owned games is bullcrap. This is one of the things I was awry the most when The Master Chief Collection came out (Not only do I have to pay for 4 games that I already own just for 1 I want, but I get to NOT play the multiplayer of the others. Riveting).

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

I’d say that in my opinion, Ubisoft took the cake. “For Honor” looks like an amazing fresh idea which is kinda rare on this epoque of sequels and remakes, and I’m not gonna lie, I’m a bit of a fanboy for Assassin’s Creed. I love history and I love the games (except for Unity, the only one that disappointed me). The trailer for Syndicate was awesome and I love the fact Ubisoft is actually testing the game before releasing; despite the yearly releases still being a problem.

As for Microsoft, the update is a nice thing (though they took a bit too long in my opinion), and Gears 4 looks promising.

Jakob Morris
    Jakob Morris
    Participant

Im definately looking forward to this. FF7 is one of my favorite games, although people seem to think I hate that game. I dont know why (I joke about it on the roundtable but its all in good fun.)

LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster

Im definately looking forward to this. FF7 is one of my favorite games, although people seem to think I hate that game. I dont know why (I joke about it on the roundtable but its all in good fun.)

I was joking with Mel, Ken, Katie and Max in Facebook about how -in a previous Patreon livechat- I mentioned that things shown at E3 seem to not come out until entire YEARS after the original trailer is teased. But the Final Fantasy VII remake just took the cake (2005: TEN YEARS AGO!!!) .

While it wasn’t formally announced at the 2005 PS3 E3 conferences, it was still met with a lot of public expectation.

Of course, does anybody know when the ‘supposedly-parallel-launch-to-final-fantasy-13-called-final-fantasy-13-versus-but-got-stuck-in-development-hell’ Final Fantasy XV is supposed to come out? Amazon says Dec 31st, but that sound like a “we don’t fucking know” date. http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-XV-PlayStation-4/dp/B00DBF829C

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

FF7 remake?

I’ll be in my bunk.

Of course, does anybody know when the ‘supposedly-parallel-launch-to-final-fantasy-13-called-final-fantasy-13-versus-but-got-stuck-in-development-hell’ Final Fantasy XV is supposed to come out? Amazon says Dec 31st, but that sound like a “we don’t fucking know” date.

Wish I knew. KH3 is in development also. Can’t wait for these titles to come out.

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

I was joking with Mel, Ken, Katie and Max in Facebook about how -in a previous Patreon livechat- I mentioned that things shown at E3 seem to not come out until entire YEARS after the original trailer is teased. But the Final Fantasy VII remake just took the cake (2005: TEN YEARS AGO!!!) .

While it wasn’t formally announced at the 2005 PS3 E3 conferences, it was still met with a lot of public expectation.

Of course, does anybody know when the ‘supposedly-parallel-launch-to-final-fantasy-13-called-final-fantasy-13-versus-but-got-stuck-in-development-hell’ Final Fantasy XV is supposed to come out? Amazon says Dec 31st, but that sound like a “we don’t fucking know” date. http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-XV-PlayStation-4/dp/B00DBF829C

It’s coming in 2016 no doubt. Its not surprising considering how ambitious XV is (making XIII it’s bitch by comparison) and with Nomura working on 2 massive projects, they need a lot of time in order to make a solid if not perfect FF game with a new twist of combat, which I lost myself when I heard that the combat will be Kingdom Hearts style fight system but faster and heart pounding. Plus, with the extreme positive reactions of the FF VII HD trailer, Square should consider reviving a lot of older franchises and give them new life on the next-gen consoles. For example: I send a survey to Square on making an HD remake of Secret of Evermore because I adore the SNES game and I want it to add more stuff that will make it even better.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.