Console Wars movie!

Home Forums Off Topic Console Wars movie!

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by KahunaDrake KahunaDrake 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

So Seth Rogan is set do direct a movie based on the Sega vs. Nintendo console wars of the 90’s (there is also going to be a documentary later this year).

It is based off this book by Blake J. Harris: http://www.amazon.com/Console-Wars-Nintendo-Defined-Generation/dp/0062276700

It is a well-written and interesting look at the rivalry that defined a generation of video games. Sega and Nintendo may have been fierce competitors but in the end both companies had nothing but respect for one another and together they took games to a whole new level.

Question time!

What’s your favorite Sega/Nintendo game/console?

For me…

Sega console: Dreamcast
    Sega game: Crazy Taxi (so addicting with great soundtrack)
    Nintendo console: Nintendo DS
    Nintendo game: Warioware Touched!

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

Oh god… no… They’re going to unlock the oldest console war there was (well, actually, it started with Nintendo vs. Atari). They don’t know what they’re doing! Don’t they know what it took to lock up that evil? WE’RE DOOMED

*cue dramatic music

But in all honestly, this is gonna look pretty interesting.

Sega Console: Sega Genesis
    Sega game: Sonic CD
    Nintendo console: Nintendo Gamecube (It’s not the best, but I have more childhood memories with it)
    Nintendo game: Animal Crossing for NGC (And it’s my favorite game overall)

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

Atari was competing against Nintendo and Sega at the time but fell to the wayside with the Jaguar.

At least Sega’s swan song was the Dreamcast…

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

Oh god, don’t even remind me about the Jaguar.

I bought one. It sucked, to say the least.

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

Yikes, I hope you didn’t pay full price.

If you think about it, without Sega and Nintendo trying to out-do each other, we probably wouldn’t have the Playstation and Xbox consoles.

Sony + Nintendo collab = Playstation

Microsoft + Sega collab = Xbox

The Xbox controllers vaguely remind me of the Dreamcast and the first generation Xbox had the sequels to Shenmue and Jet Set Radio on it. Hmm…

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

Sero
    Sero
    Participant

The fact that Seth Rogen is directing the movie kind of worries me.

Sega Console: Mega Drive
    Sega Game: Earthworm Jim 2 (if that counts)
    Nintendo Console: Game Boy Advance
    Nintendo Game: Mother 2

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

@sero I don’t mind Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg making the Console Wars film. If done right, it could be a well thought out look at the competitive relationship between SEGA and Nintendo while looking at the good and bad side that the “console wars” have brought upon gaming in general. Let’s just hope some hacks like Anita Sarkessian or SJW’s do not touch this project and butcher it to their moronic propagandas.

SEGA Console: SEGA Genesis
    SEGA Game: Altered Beast
    Nintendo Console: Nintendo Gamecube
    Nintendo Game: Mario Kart Double Dash!

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

Let’s just hope some hacks like Anita Sarkessian or SJW’s do not touch this project and butcher it to their moronic propagandas.

I doubt it because they were never really relevant to begin with.

#ByeFelicia

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Let’s just hope some hacks like Anita Sarkessian or SJW’s do not touch this project and butcher it to their moronic propagandas.

I doubt it because they were never really relevant to begin with.

#ByeFelicia

True but I just cautious that something bad as that could affect the project or the studio hiring a writer that knows absolutely nothing about games. You can see that I’m worried.

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

True but I just cautious that something bad as that could affect the project or the studio hiring a writer that knows absolutely nothing about games.

If it follows the original book, it will be fine. Based on the preface, Rogan and Goldberg seem sincere in telling a compelling story for gamers and anyone interested in video game history.

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.