COD INFINITE WARFARE tanks in sales and causes layoffs

Home Forums Off Topic COD INFINITE WARFARE tanks in sales and causes layoffs

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by V-Tundra V-Tundra 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    shenyongo
    shenyongo
    Participant

https://www.google.com/amp/www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/12/10/analysts-say-call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-retail-sales-are-down-nearly-50-from-black-ops-3/amp/?client=ms-android-att-us
    http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/02/14/call-of-duty-dev-infinity-ward-other-activision-studios-hit-by-layoffs
    On one hand I am glad that a Call of Duty game has bombed, but on ther other hand I feel sorry for the people who have to suffer because of this and Activision’s greedy ways.

Activision is trying to pin the blame on the space setting (just like they pinned the blame of GHOSTS underperforming on new consoles). Already Activision is claming the 2017 installment will “bring the series back to its roots” (likely because Battlefield 1 sold more than INFINITE WARFARE). Personally I just want this franchise to just freaking die already. However at least we now know thag this series is going to die soon.

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

I KNEW SOMETHING WAS WRONG IN ACTIVISION. I JUST KNEW IT.

First, hoarding the MW remaster to bait people into buying deluxe versions. That’s a pretty dumb and suspicious move.
    Second, the tons of layoffs that “had absolutely nothing to do because of sales”, pretty suspicious as well.
    Third, making DLC for the remaster that not many people own to “raise money for veterans”. Wouldn’t selling a stand-alone MW remaster garner much more money?

I knew something was pretty fish with Activision’s recent decisions, and now I’m happy to finally know something’s going on. I’m looking very forward to the fall of this shitty series. They had their jewels and they had the potential to make very good games (I’m looking at you, Black Ops II and World At War), and they wasted it away on GAMERBRAH fodder and 12-year-old-huggies-wearing-squeaker appeasement. Call of Duty, you won’t be missed.

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.