Chromatic Dragon: Gamer Bar/Restaurant Review

Home Forums Off Topic Chromatic Dragon: Gamer Bar/Restaurant Review

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by KahunaDrake KahunaDrake 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

In downtown Savannah, GA, there is a neat little video game pub named The Chromatic Dragon. Named after Tiamat, goddess of the chromatic dragons from D&D lore, the young establishment (opened only 9 mo. ago) has quite the following. The pub offers video-game/nerdy themed food/drink along with an assortment of console/table-top/board games you can enjoy while you eat your meal. They also host Walking Dead viewing parties, karaoke contests, trivia nights, cosplay contests, and gaming tournaments.

Curious, I went on Friday accompanied by my mother and cousin (who attends SCAD). It was a little after 4 pm, so it was not crowded. We ordered appetizers while my cousin and I played Portal 2. Service was quick, staff was friendly, and the food was quite tasty. Main decor colors indoors was red and black with artwork of video game icons and of course, dragons (the Tiamat head mount and stained glass portrait was impressive).

Back to food, here is a outline of dishes we ordered:

Lord of the Wings (Sweet-n-Spicy barbecue flavor): Standard chicken wings appetizer. Cooked to perfection and not fatty. Sauce was smoky with a hint of spice. Obvious Lord of the Rings reference.

BlamCo Mac-n-Cheese: A pasta entree based off the food product from the Fallout series. Cajun-inspired with shrimp, Andouille sausage, celery, and shallots. One of their most popular dishes and it was a pleasant surprise. Personally, I like my mac-n-chesse with a roux-based sauce but the creamy texture was good. If you don’t like spice you might enjoy this dish as well. An aficionado of New Orleans cuisine (my mother’s side of the family hails from there) I appreciate the signature Andouille sausage and 2/3 of the regional “holy trinity” (onions, bell peppers, celery).

Guinness Auroch Stew: This one is highly recommended. Delicious beef stew with a Guinness gravy served in a bread boule. Based off of the cattle creatures from the Song of Fire and Ice series. What stood out to me the most was the seasoning and thick texture. Meat was really tender…just..awesome.

The Vault 101 Burger: Another Fallout reference, this time in the form of a classic American burger. Didn’t get a chance to taste it but my cousin (who ordered it) claimed it was good. I’ll take her word for it.

Now, drinks. The Chromatic Dragon has their own cocktails and concoctions based off of video game characters and franchises. I tried some that caught my eye.

Eevee-lution Flight: Based off of the fox-like Pokemon of the same name, these shots are based off the first three evolutions (Flareon, Vaporeon, Jolteon) served on a “poke-ball” platter. For Pokemon Day last month, the bar had shots based off of all the evolutions for a limited time.

– Flareon: Fireball, iced tea, peach Schnapps, lemon, and Sprite. Not a fan of cinnamon liqueur so I can’t say I enjoyed this one.
    – Jolteon: Absolut Citron and lemonade. Very tart and lemony with a sugar-rim on the shot glass (mimics Jolteon’s mane of white fur?).
    – Vaporeon: Coconut rum, Malibu, and blue curaçao. My favorite of the three. Has a refreshing taste but I am a big rum fan so I may be biased.

Pac-Man Cocktail: Not listed on the web-menu. A mix of lemon liquor, lemonade, with fresh ground vanilla bean and egg-whites. Has a nice tart flavor but a sweet after taste. Oddly, egg-whites are used in cocktails to give the drink a creamy texture but the Pac-Man itself was not creamy. Garnished with a lemon slice shaped like Pac-Man ( so cute :3 )

Overall, I highly recommend this establishment based on food, entertainment, and drink offerings. If your ever in the Savannah-area, be sure to drop by.

I’ll upload pictures of the mentioned food/drinks/decor soon.

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

Hot damn! If I get to visit the states, I’m sure to pass by.

But damn, the world needs more places like this. The closest thing in México is a maid-cafe.

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

Hot damn! If I get to visit the states, I’m sure to pass by.

But damn, the world needs more places like this. The closest thing in México is a maid-cafe.

Thanks for reading! It was super cool but it seems these “Barcades” are becoming a trend in the restarant world. The first one I went to was PlayerOne, which had more arcade cabinets and was 18+ only.

Here is some food 🙂

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

More food!

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

The Pac-Man cocktail and Pokemon shots!

We also had desert: Lakitu’s Cloud (Mario reference) which is a tempura-fried Twinkie with whipped cream and caramel drizzle. Sounds insane but it was really good (tastes like a funnel cake/churro).

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

Tiamat heads and stained glass!

Sexy!

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

Gaming screens and interior shots

The Wii U is hooked up to the projector. Some 8 year old was going nuts over Mario Kart earlier.

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

Merchandise, board games, and main bar

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

Some dragons lol

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

0megablaster
    Participant

This place sounds amazing! I think there is a barcade in philly My sister and her boyfriend have gone to before. I think I might go on my 21st birthday. But I wish there were more places like this around.

We live to play and let's players play to live. Life isn't easy but it sure is fun.

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

The owners of this establishment are also going to make a donut shop/arcade. It’s coming soon from what I heard (they are busy renovating).

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.