Childhood toys: which one is more precious to you?

Home Forums Off Topic Childhood toys: which one is more precious to you?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Shinra Kuroki Shinra Kuroki 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

So the other day me and my friend were discussing about the ending of Toy Story 3 (I didn’t like it, sue me) and I brought up the point that the scene when Andy gives his toys to the little girl, he kinda overreacted about leaving his childhood toys; and the conversation popped up about our favorite toys when were kids and the ones who were the most difficult to let go. And I said to myself “Hey, that’d be a great thing to ask on the CCS forums.”

So, which were the toys you grew up with and had the hardest time letting go off?

Mine were two: Bionicles and Xevoz.

Pretty sure everybody knows what Bionicle is but not Xevoz. Well, Xevoz is like the Bionicle of Hasbro. They were customizable action figures that focused on different genres and to put it simple; they were one of the most awesome action figures at the time; this line had EVERYTHING. Monsters, elemental creatures, anthropomorphic animals, soldiers, giant bugs, killer robots, it had it all.

These guys are just the tip of the iceberg.

The cool thing about this is that they had a “battle” game which included dice, terrains and it depended on how you’d build your warrior. This is how my “geeky” side grew on my inner child. These guys are now rarer than rare, occasionally appearing on Ebay demanding exaggerated prices, kinda like precious collector’s items. Out of all the 9 I used to own, I’ve only got 6 remaining. 3 of them I gave them away at a children’s toy charity. It pained me a bit since they were the 3 first I received, but seeing the other kids have fun with them made me shed a happy tear.

Here are the remaining 6 I have: Firedrake, Omega Guard (special edition), Thunder Shaman, Shock Berserker, Alpha Ranger and Runeslayer

These 6 are the last I have. Photo taken from my shelf.

So, do you have a similar experience with a cherished toy?

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

Yeah, I also forgot to add a commercial. God, the nostalgia just comes flowing in…

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

Shinra Kuroki
    Shinra Kuroki
    Participant

Thinking about this makes me really want to look for the tiny pokemon figures I had as a kid. I used to play with wooden blocks and make them cities for the pokemon. Togepi was my favorite and I would have him run the pokemon restaurant and I liked having mayor Articuno. Fun times.

"Now, I’ve forgiven the world and myself, too. I teach myself to smile again. One day I’ll get there, I know I will. Even if it takes me not nine, but nine hundred lives." -Susan Ashworth from The Cat Lady

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.