CCS Dating Sim Announcement

Home Forums Off Topic CCS Dating Sim Announcement

This topic contains 28 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by KahunaDrake KahunaDrake 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Shinra Kuroki
    Shinra Kuroki
    Participant

So it’s April Fools day and this video come out. If you don’t believe in the double fake out, apparently it’s not an April Fools joke. I would actually really enjoy for this to be a thing, cause then all the CSS guys & gals could add game developer to their profiles, much like their life long hero, Zeo Quinn.

The thing I want most out of the game is a secret dating route where you can romance the Dark Master. Why? Cause this is the internet, things don’t meed any justification.

So what are you guys thoughts & feelings? How many squeals should this game have, 20 or 50? Which character are you going to romance first in the game? Will Star be a DLC route? Who even remembers Star anymore?

"Now, I’ve forgiven the world and myself, too. I teach myself to smile again. One day I’ll get there, I know I will. Even if it takes me not nine, but nine hundred lives." -Susan Ashworth from The Cat Lady

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

I think it will be a fun little thing for CCS to expand their content offerings. Maybe this will be a starting point to get more of the original, story-based content LM and CM mentioned in the Drakkarium interview.

Meanwhile, we will get Laughingman-sama, Cine-kun, Katie-chan, Kenny-kun, and Fuboo-san in a fun little dating adventure.

No comments on romance options.

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

0megablaster
    Participant

All you hear in the distance is all the crazy fan girls fapping at the thought of LaughingMan X Cinemax being in the game xD

We live to play and let's players play to live. Life isn't easy but it sure is fun.

LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster

I think it will be a fun little thing for CCS to expand their content offerings. Maybe this will be a starting point to get more of the original, story-based content LM and CM mentioned in the Drakkarium interview.

Yes, exactly that. Max and I have since written several outlines for actual story-telling projects (motion comics, text-based games, etc) of various genres (horror, noir, etc). However, before we go head-first into the shallow-end of the pool and bleed out face down in the water, we wanted a ‘test’ project. Max and I thought it would be fantastically self-deprecatory to start out with a Japanese visual novel/hentai based on CCS members. An absurd, passing joke that took root, and has since become a far bigger, tongue in cheek parody of not only the genre but also hints at many of the topics we’ve beaten like a dead horse (“Depressing Quest” anyone?). It’s going to be a bit more subversive on various issues regarding the video game industry, vs just complaining about it on YouTube for 30 minutes.

Right now we have the story, we have the characters flushed out, we have some fun ‘clickable objects’ for each day, plenty of snark/wit/doublestandards, we’re collecting new game art from Mel when we get the $ to do so via Patreon help: (one of the more popular Patreon “sneak peeks” attached below, a gift for those who actually visit our Forums and PROOF that we are actually working on cool CCS projects despite our YT channel getting heavy on the After Hours and Wild Cards)

Meanwhile, we will get Laughingman-sama, Cine-kun, Katie-chan, Kenny-kun, and Fuboo-san in a fun little dating adventure.

Again, it’s a self-depricatory parody of the genre, video game controversies, and ourselves. Though a couple of members will certainly be fuckable depending on their established CCS personalities 😉 *ahem*
    And there MIGHT be a hidden ending including a cameo or two 😉

Attachments:
    LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster

Just another in-passing bit: The music you hear during the “Depressing Quest” half of the video is actually music that we genuinely commissioned from a good friend of Katie’s. “Yes, we have ORIGINAL MUSIC” for this game. No joke.

It’s been posted in full on Patreon :3

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Just another in-passing bit: The music you hear during the “Depressing Quest” half of the video is actually music that we genuinely commissioned from a good friend of Katie’s. “Yes, we have ORIGINAL MUSIC” for this game. No joke.

It’s been posted in full on Patreon :3

That’s really sweet! Can’t wait to hear the OST.

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

Well damn, now I’m excited. Normally I’m not excited for dating sims, but this… sign me and the rest of America in!

All that’s missing is CCS love pillows and tentacle hentai rape games.

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

I’ve been like this all day. I just want to say thank you.

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

Leomoon
    Participant

so as a joke you put a ton of effort into something people will only see for 24 hours. Damn guys make some more content with that energy, I would completely read a comic or a text game.

LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster

I’ve been like this all day. I just want to say thank you.

Gracias amigo!

so as a joke you put a ton of effort into something people will only see for 24 hours. Damn guys make some more content with that energy, I would completely read a comic or a text game.

Would you read the same comic for longer than 5 minutes, or loop a single episode of Wasted Effort for 24 hours straight?
    With the replayability of a parody dating Hentai game (4+ outcomes) I’d say we are probably going to get more mileage than our usual content, even if it does take a good bit longer to make 😉

Plus we do most of these inane projects to A) learn something new and B) entertain ourselves and hopefully others. Max, Katie, and I have been expirimenting with game software like Stencyl, and we’re becoming quite apt at it.

But never fear, we’re not abandoning YouTube or Wasted Effort, and once Mel is done with the artwork we have a backlog of webcomic scripts to send her. 🙂

0megablaster
    Participant

Oh god it’s actually happening? Oh god this is going to be insane. But insane can be a good thing xD

We live to play and let's players play to live. Life isn't easy but it sure is fun.

LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster

We’ll happily take the insanity plea when we get asked “What the fuck possessed you to do this??!!”

In all honesty, we enjoy being self-deprecating, HOWEVER the CCS hentai game is going to serve a purpose and hopefully get several of our own opinions/narratives across (ala CCS Podcast/Wasted Effort) 😉

0megablaster
    Participant

Sounds like a good idea. You guys should add in some fans in as DLC Adding more outcomes and a harem ending xD
    I’m pretty sure you’d easily get volunteers for it who could help out alot. Maybe even getting some good voice acting in there

Sero
    Sero
    Participant

PRE-ORDER NOW AND GET YOUR FREE LAUGHINGMAN BODY PILLOW

But seriously, if there if there is going to be an OST will you release it as an album as well?

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Sounds like a good idea. You guys should add in some fans in as DLC Adding more outcomes and a harem ending xD
    I’m pretty sure you’d easily get volunteers for it who could help out alot. Maybe even getting some good voice acting in there

KahunaDrake waifu pillows anyone?

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.