Batman vs Superman is here! …and it get's a 36% on RT…

Home Forums Off Topic Batman vs Superman is here! …and it get's a 36% on RT…

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Ninety-Three Ninety-Three 1 year ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/batman_v_superman_dawn_of_justice/

So yeah… first it was 41% and now it’s dropped to 36%. Three years of waiting, massive advertising, over who knows how many years of hype for the justice league to arrive at the silver screen and… yeah, 36%. I’ve personally haven’t seen the film, and now I don’t intend to watch it; but do you think it was good? Is there still hope for a good JLA movie? Will this affect the plans for the JLA movie universe?

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

Shinra Kuroki
    Shinra Kuroki
    Participant

User ratings seem pretty solid. I usually find critics pedantic and more focused on the cinematography than how good the movie actually is. A good critic always has his/her readers at heart when critiquing a film, but most go into cinemophile minutia that usual viewers don’t care about.

"Now, I’ve forgiven the world and myself, too. I teach myself to smile again. One day I’ll get there, I know I will. Even if it takes me not nine, but nine hundred lives." -Susan Ashworth from The Cat Lady

Ninety-Three
    Ninety-Three
    Participant

Now it’s dropped to 30%. I believe the movie is going to fail to launch the planned Justice League movie or just even the concept of a DC cinematic universe. Warner Bros. did actually tried make Justice League Mortal with George Miller as the director and the creative mind behind it in 2007. It would have been an epic, operatic movie with grandeur. Unfortunately, due to some major obstacles the movie never made it to production and was abandoned in 2009 along with Jodorowsky’s Dune, Tim Burton’s Superman Lives, Richard Stanley’s Island of Doctor Moreau and Terry Gilliam’s Don Quixote as one of the greatest movies never made. Flashforward to 2012, Disney/Marvel and Joss Whedon released The Avengers to go on as one of the highest grossing movies of all time and a cultural icon.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.