Avengers: Age Of Ultron Spoiler Thread

Home Forums Off Topic Avengers: Age Of Ultron Spoiler Thread

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by V-Tundra V-Tundra 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

With Avengers 2 being an obvious success, it’s time to discuss the film in general. What were your thoughts, your favorite moments in the film and what elements didn’t work in the film?

Enjoy yourselves and let the discussion begin!

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

Gizmo
    Gizmo
    Participant

Alright, here goes. As far as the beginning, I honestly wasn’t feeling it, it felt rushed and slightly… I don’t know, pointless? I know the film not only introduces two new characters, but also has the Avengers retrieving the (blank), it just felt like everything could have been set up a little less rushed..

Now, I will admit that I was pretty happy when I watched the party scene, the jokes were good, the hammer scene felt nice and flowed well, and the sudden interruption of everything by Ultron felt genuine and sent a shiver down my spine. (or maybe it was just the all around loudness of the film)

Something I was not expecting and not even slightly amused about, was that they gave Hawkeye a backstory… Hawkeye am I the only person that has a problem with this? I’m not going to go with the normal “Oh Hawkeye is completely useless.” spiel. But is he really the one you wanted to see a full on, detailed, soft-side, back story for? I don’t know, I guess I just expected more going into the movie, than what I got coming out.

Anyways that’s my take, hope it’s… Entertaining?

(Also, Vision, hell yes.)

"Would you rather die a hero, or live long enough to see your self become the villian?"

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Alright, here goes. As far as the beginning, I honestly wasn’t feeling it, it felt rushed and slightly… I don’t know, pointless? I know the film not only introduces two new characters, but also has the Avengers retrieving the (blank), it just felt like everything could have been set up a little less rushed..

Now, I will admit that I was pretty happy when I watched the party scene, the jokes were good, the hammer scene felt nice and flowed well, and the sudden interruption of everything by Ultron felt genuine and sent a shiver down my spine. (or maybe it was just the all around loudness of the film)

Something I was not expecting and not even slightly amused about, was that they gave Hawkeye a backstory… Hawkeye am I the only person that has a problem with this? I’m not going to go with the normal “Oh Hawkeye is completely useless.” spiel. But is he really the one you wanted to see a full on, detailed, soft-side, back story for? I don’t know, I guess I just expected more going into the movie, than what I got coming out.

Anyways that’s my take, hope it’s… Entertaining?

(Also, Vision, hell yes.)

I actually liked the beginning of the film and while it felt a little rushed, it was still awesome and the humor was spot on like how the Hydra soldiers are freaking out since the Avengers are kicking their asses and the leader tells them to keep on fighting while he himself says “i’ll surrender”. That made me fall off my chair with laughter.

The party scene was fucking A. Perfect build up for Ultron’s creepy voice that still makes me wanna chop down my ears because of the way he talks. He scares the fuck out of me and he’s like the messed up version of LaughingMan if you gave him a cold steel voice and limitless power.

Hawkeye being a family man… That really sums up my reaction and kudos to Joss Whedon for it. I liked that the film offers a soft but sympathetic side to Hawkeye as he does his job to protect the family he loves but also Earth and the Avengers. I like that it gave a motivation for Hawkeye to fight alongside his teammates.

Don’t worry, I had fun reading your thoughts (PS: You can spoil anything you want here. Its a spoiler thread after all!). Also, Vision was a badass in this.

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

Perfect build up for Ultron’s creepy voice that still makes me wanna chop down my ears because of the way he talks. He scares the fuck out of me and he’s like the messed up version of LaughingMan if you gave him a cold steel voice and limitless power.

Ultron = James Spader. Dude is a class act. Perfect actor for cynical anti-heroes, or in this case, equally cynical villains. He was the best part of the movie in my opinion lol. Wicked sense of humor.

Hulk x Blackwidow = Haters gonna hate and bitches gonna bitch. I think they had a connection in the first Avengers film and I’m glad it was explored. Unfortunately, Banner went off the grid so I don’t know how that is going to work out. I’m sure he will be back though. All of the feminists were worked up about this and Hawkeye’s wife and exaggerated the situations in their inane online rants.

Favorite moment:
    *jackhammers Hulk’s face into the ground*
    Stark: pleasegotosleeppleasegotosleep
    XD

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

The movie was bloody awesome. Not as awesome as the first one in my opinion, but it was still the best movie I’ve seen this year. The only thing that I didn’t like was Quicksilver dying because… SPOILER ALERT IF YOU HAVEN’T READ THE COMICS:

One of the things that had me clinging to the movie was the fact that one of the avengers was gonna die, and since they were going to make Captain America: Civil War I knew that Nick Fury was gonna be the one. However, we all know Quicksilver was the one who got killed so that left me a bit disappointed.

Other than that minor complaint, it’s a must-see. I’d say my favorite part of the movie was The Vision. He’s been my favorite avenger since I can remember, and they perfected him in the movie. About Hulk and Widow’s romance, ok, a bit of experimenting and it was actually nice to see.

And Ultron? This guy needs to be in more movies. A psycho-jocking killer robot; it’s like a mecha version of LaughingMan. Ultron was the spotlight for me.

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.