At the Mountains of Madness game trailer

Home Forums Off Topic At the Mountains of Madness game trailer

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by KahunaDrake KahunaDrake 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Devilboy06
    Devilboy06
    Participant

So, one day I’m just watching one of CCS’s videos again on youtube, and as far as I can tell they’re always referencing hp lovecraft when horror is brought up (specifically Mountain of Madness, and Cthulhu). So I think to myself, ” Why hasn’t anyone made a horror game out of this story, yet”. So I typed up Mountain of Madness game trailer on youtube, and lo and behold!

Shinra Kuroki
    Shinra Kuroki
    Participant

From the looks of it right now, the game is a complete mess. It does have a lot of potential, but it is quickly over shadowed by the bugs and bugbears. Here’s a video of actual gameplay.

To me, they haven’t proven they can deliver what they are promising. Hopefully they’ll be able to deliver, but I wouldn’t risk any money on that bet.

Also welcome to the CCS forums ^-^

"Now, I’ve forgiven the world and myself, too. I teach myself to smile again. One day I’ll get there, I know I will. Even if it takes me not nine, but nine hundred lives." -Susan Ashworth from The Cat Lady

Ninety-Three
    Ninety-Three
    Participant

Too bad. It did look promising. But the new Call of Cthulhu game coming out either this year or the next and I’m really looking forward to it.

Devilboy06
    Devilboy06
    Participant

Damn, and Cthulhu looked real amazing at the end of that trailer too.

Devilboy06
    Devilboy06
    Participant

Well, is that Call of Cthulhu game good?

Ninety-Three
    Ninety-Three
    Participant

It has not been released yet so I honestly cannot tell you. It’s an investigation-horror game with stealth and RPG elements being developed by Cyanide Studio and Focus Home Interactive. It looks like it might be a genuinely good game and I’m excited about the new game and I cannot wait.

Click here[/url] for the official site.

Ninety-Three
    Ninety-Three
    Participant

Sorry about that. I’m still learning how to use BBCodes. And I apologize for not answering your question right away.

http://www.callofcthulhu-game.com/

LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster

So, one day I’m just watching one of CCS’s videos again on youtube, and as far as I can tell they’re always referencing hp lovecraft when horror is brought up (specifically Mountain of Madness, and Cthulhu).

I discovered Lovecraft in college (Colour Out of Space and Rats in the Walls) and like a lot of the themes of his work. He could stand to lose the Thesaurus from time to time though 😉

There’s been quite a lot of games about Lovecraft, and even ‘similar’ games to Mountains of Madness. An old DOS game called “Prisoner of Ice” comes to mind: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prisoner_of_Ice

But yeah, it’s fertile soil for some horror games. Hope to see more.

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

Yeah, the reception to the ATMOM beta wasn’t good but I have hopes for the Call of Chtulhu game.

I have a concept for a cosmic horror game but I’m gonna base it off my own mythos. 😉

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.