Ask After Hours

Home Forums CCS After Hours Ask After Hours

This topic contains 50 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by MachinizerXS MachinizerXS 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster

Why name yourselves after the Cheshire Cat?

http://cheshirecatstudios.com/about-ccs/

Ah crap, we deleted that explaination….

Let’s see… It’s a piece of art I made way back when. I took a picture of a cat, photoshopped the crap to make it look like a purple American McGee’s cheshire cat (I love twisted stuff, go figure right?). Then on my crappy early editing projects I began using it as the title card, unifying my work under Cheshire Cat Studios.

This site was my own crappy early creations, and then it ballooned with other great contributors joining on, and we finally decided to start making content over written-reviews like everyone else on the web.

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

Twisted stuff is fun, non?

Wow, I never would have guessed that origin story lol.

When I first came across CCS’s content, I thought the Cheshire Cat was more symbolic your use of analysis and logic in your site’s content.
    As an analogy: The Cheshire Cat (CCS crew) lives in an Wonderland (the great wide world) which is pretty much comprised off illogical characters/phenomenon. The Cheshire Cat, an knowledgeable observer, seeks to find logic and reason within such an insane place.

Yeah, sometimes I overthink things…

“We’re all mad here.”

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster

When I first came across CCS’s content, I thought the Cheshire Cat was more symbolic your use of analysis and logic in your site’s content.
    As an analogy: The Cheshire Cat (CCS crew) lives in an Wonderland (the great wide world) which is pretty much comprised off illogical characters/phenomenon. The Cheshire Cat, an knowledgeable observer, seeks to find logic and reason within such an insane place.

Yeah, sometimes I overthink things…

“We’re all mad here.”

Err, that’s what we meant to say! Yeah! Totally intentional to be the disembodied observers with psychotic smiles trying to make sense in an insane world! … yup. Totally… shit….

Actually, that is something we did discuss a while back, the correlations to the Cheshire Cat being the only sane character in an insane world, as well as sage-like. And while such parallels can be made (to a great degree of accuracy), the truth is not quite as interesting as legend.

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

Coincidental symbolism, perhaps?

If you asked someone who believed in fate, they would probably say “It was meant to be.”

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

Gizmo
    Gizmo
    Participant

So I’ve thought long and hard on this (*shot*), and was wondering what you guys thought about Disney’s latest Animated feature; Big Hero 6. Given that it was based on a Marvel comic of the same name, and in the past you’ve given pretty positive thoughts on Marvel. If you haven’t seen it, what’s your favorite Disney movie, perhaps?

"Would you rather die a hero, or live long enough to see your self become the villian?"

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

If you have the power to become either a vampire or werewolf, which one would you choose and why?

Name a movie that you absolutely hate but everyone else loves it.

Which horror games left you scarred at night?

If you were trapped on the god-awful Ultimate Spider Man cartoon with Kenny and Cinemax, how would you survive?

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

Can’t believe I haven’t thought of this: merchandise.

Have you guys ever considered creating/selling CCS-related merchandise?

I’m talking t-shirts, mugs, hoodies, CD’s, posters, bumper stickers, lingerie…OK maybe not lingerie lol

Just had to ask since it seems like every Internet person/group with a sizable following has this.

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Have you guys ever bought a collector’s edition of a Blu-ray, DVD or game? If so, how many?

If you were to create a superhero game, what will it be?

Did you ever encounter fights with other people over meaningless shitty arguments that go nowhere, not just online but literally right in front of you?

What’s your favorite game consoles out of all the consoles you’ve played?

If you were tied into a buzz saw bed with only 2 games like Garry’s Incident or The Slaughter Grounds to play, which one would you choose to save your life?

If Disney bought out your Cheshire Cat Studios podcast, how would Cinemax, Kenny, Fuboo, B-Mask and you would react to this sudden news?

Man, I write too damn much, don’t I?

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

Shinra Kuroki
    Shinra Kuroki
    Participant

Do you still do these Q&A?

If you got stuck in an infinite repeating time loop, would you rather it be a short loop (a year to a few years) or a long loop (your entire life span)?

"Now, I’ve forgiven the world and myself, too. I teach myself to smile again. One day I’ll get there, I know I will. Even if it takes me not nine, but nine hundred lives." -Susan Ashworth from The Cat Lady

KorgerKor
    Participant

I don’t know if Laughing-Man and CineMax are planning to make more CCS Q&A Videos, if they are, you can share your questions on this page, if they have time to answer it. Anyways here’s mine:

1. Any thoughts on interviewing Korey Coleman?

2. How does it make you feel that you have more subscribers than the official Rotten Tomatoes YouTube Channel?

3. What business mistakes you’re hoping you won’t do what Mike Michaud (Channel Awesome) or Craig Skistimas (ScrewAttack) are doing wrong with their own independent production companies?

LaughingMan
    LaughingMan
    Keymaster

We weren’t planning on making QA a series, we just wanted to answer a few questions to give everyone some closure on a few things like past members, video podcasts, etc.

But I’ll extend a courtesy and answer a few questions here now and again, depending largely on the type of question. In the likely chance that the question is one I can’t answer for various reasons I’ll just skip over it blissfully unaware.

1. Any thoughts on interviewing Korey Coleman?

2. How does it make you feel that you have more subscribers than the official Rotten Tomatoes YouTube Channel?

3. What business mistakes you’re hoping you won’t do what Mike Michaud (Channel Awesome) or Craig Skistimas (ScrewAttack) are doing wrong with their own independent production companies?

1. Personally I’d love to have a beer with the guy and learn more about what he did to create an empire out of Spill.com, then how he’s rebuilding with DoubleToasted. I’d consider any helpful advice he’d be willing to disclose like he was my Yoda.

2. Wow, didn’t realize that. Cool. While we’re grateful for our fans and followers, I can vouch for everyone with a paraphrase of the Joker: “It’s not about the subscribers. It’s about sending a message.” (Message being: “Think for yourself, quit dreaming, and CREATE!!”

3. I’m unaware of what mistakes those are exactly. I don’t follow either as of late.

KorgerKor
    Participant

I’m glad you kinda liked the idea of interviewing Korey Coleman in the future. If you do want to have a beer with him, you can always go see his shows in Austin, that’s what I did,I went to the Double Toasted first anniversary party and it was super fun. 🙂
    To be honest, I thought you were gonna make a joke about League of Super Critics, “Don’t ask a unknown video-sharing website to create a YouTube channel for you because if they closed down, now the channel is a ghost town”. XD

Anyways thanks for my questions & sorry for making this page. My bad. Derp.

Shinra Kuroki
    Shinra Kuroki
    Participant

Aww, senpai noticed you KorgerKor. Well here are some of the questions I would like to ask (not that I’m expecting a reply).

1. What do you wish your fans to do if they want to help CCS (bar giving money to Patreon for those of us more or less strapped of cash)? It could be inferred from the Q&A video, asking for topics seems to be a more or less futile endeavor, making an ocean of fecal matter with only a few diamonds (most of which you don’t have the gem crafting skill to refine anyways ^-^). Maybe you could ask for relevant articles or out source some research. Maybe make a out call for fan art, like South Park asking for Yaoi of Tweek & Craig. It might feel a touch shady, but fans love to help out & they become more loyal from the skunk cost fallacy (a tool many politicians use to guarantee votes, cause if they work towards getting you elected, it’s a guarantee vote in the ballot box).

2. What do you guys do to get the CCS name out there? Have you tried networking (talking about doing interviews/ causal discussions) with other YouTube channels to get you name out there? Why aren’t you utilizing Twitter more?

3. Have you seen the YouTube channel HarmfulOpinions? He has a lot of great content, usually a 3 to 10 minuet video daily. Have you considered just making short 3 minuet, frozen scene audio blogs? I like short, topical rants.

4. Why don’t you shamelessly promote the CCS website & CCS forums more? I like the current forum members, but the more the merrier.

5. Will the CCS forums ever get a delete button so when my potato internet makes me post the same thing twice, I can delete the duplicate? Maybe you just need to find a reliable moderator for that if you’re worried of people deleting important context to a thread.

"Now, I’ve forgiven the world and myself, too. I teach myself to smile again. One day I’ll get there, I know I will. Even if it takes me not nine, but nine hundred lives." -Susan Ashworth from The Cat Lady

0megablaster
    Participant

I might as well put down a few questions too while I’m at it.
    1. What has been the hardest thing when it has come to making videos? The Audio, the time, or some other things?

2. On the topic of content creation… How do you feel about giving a shout out to some of the channels that are fans? (A good example being my own channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvKSxwJLh5jus16n16Zjuaw )

3. What do you think of the idea of the fans making their own Cheshire cat studios podcast for you guys to animate and put on the channel? (I think it would be a great idea since the fans would do most of the work)

I’m always full of creative ideas so these kind of things always pop into my mind.

We live to play and let's players play to live. Life isn't easy but it sure is fun.

cutter
    Participant

I hope this is the correct spot for this, in relation to your posts & videos on Victimhood & Gamergate do you cats have any views on Gamergate the movie?
    <http://www.theverge.com/2015/11/6/9684940/scarlett-johansson-gamergate-movie-amy-pascal-zoe-quinn&gt;
    At first I thought it was a joke but this is Hollywood and it looks as if it may be happening.
    Regardless of the truth a percentage of people will believe whatever message the film presents.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.