Angry Birds: The Movie. Is this pushing it a bit too far?

Home Forums Off Topic Angry Birds: The Movie. Is this pushing it a bit too far?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Shinra Kuroki Shinra Kuroki 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

Yes, you’re watching this. They’re releasing an Angry Birds movie. And the movie barely looks anything like the game. This is sort of a blurred thing to me. First, it’s a movie based on an app. That’s pretty idiotic, but then again, we’re talking about one of the most recognized franchises based on a simple app so I can’t complain. Second, the movie BARELY has anything to do with the game (As most video-game adaptations are), but… well… it looks good.

The animation looks amazing, the character designs aren’t THAT bad and I can see a different personality on each character which is cool so; could it be that we may have a video-game movie that while not sticking to the source material, it could be ok? My interest has been awoken with that plain title, and I’ll try to ignore the fact that the movie is based on an overmilked franchise to see if it could do OK as a stand-alone film.

What are your thoughts?

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Not gonna lie, it does look good and so far, the voice acting is solid especially Josh Gad’s take on Chuck. I’m cautious since this franchise has been milked to death like a dead cow but it might be next year’s LEGO Movie cause it is receiving the same reaction when the trailer for The LEGO Movie came out.

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

Shinra Kuroki
    Shinra Kuroki
    Participant

The trailer looked kind of good. I do hate seeing an IP beaten like a dead horse, but I always like to think that anything can be made into something good. I know it’s usually a bad sign when someone picks up an IP since they try to coast on the IP’s legacy, but it seems like this might be one of the few exceptions. I really dislike doom and gloom predictors as much as I hate people who hype stuff up.

^ This is what happens when you buy into the hype too much. I guess the real problem is that everyone is trying to be a clairvoyant and they just end up biasing people’s opinions on things with little to no evidence. People need to learn to be smart, savvy consumers so they’ll stop getting scared away from brilliant art & stop wasting money on mediocre to shamefully horrible broad room designed garbage. I think the main thing people need to learn is not to take the marketing too seriously. Marketing is basically saying “This thing is awesome[1]” and the citation is [1]: The marketing department. What people need to do is find decent reviewers and use them to help them discern if the product is worthy of their time and money. Too bad some people won’t wait for reviews or take a small amount of time to research something. Even a movie ticket is like 8$ and takes up 1 to 2 hours of your life, you would think it was worth taking 20 mins to make sure it’s worth the ticket price and the time. It becomes even more important when buying a video game that can cost up to 60$ and take 30 to 90 hours of your life.

"Now, I’ve forgiven the world and myself, too. I teach myself to smile again. One day I’ll get there, I know I will. Even if it takes me not nine, but nine hundred lives." -Susan Ashworth from The Cat Lady

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.