Alien 5 (Not Covenant) may be cancelled.

Home Forums Off Topic Alien 5 (Not Covenant) may be cancelled.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Ninety-Three Ninety-Three 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

:'(

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

shenyongo
    shenyongo
    Participant

Sad to hear.
    While Elysium and Chappy weren’t all that amazing (though let’s be fair those were both from SONY so chances are they might have messed with those movies in some way), District 9 was and still is a really great science fiction movie. I especially like Neill Blomkamp’s style in District 9, with the occasional documentary like moments, the somewhat gritty look, and how the low-fi special effects look amazingly seamless somehow. I think he would have been an interesting choice for an Alien movie, especially since this concept art shows something ambitious.
    This isn’t the first time Neill Blomkamp has had a project of his cancelled though:

Ninety-Three
    Ninety-Three
    Participant

Well, that’s a bummer for some people and relief for others. As much as I enjoy Neill Blomkamp’s movies I would’ve liked to see an Alien movie in his style. Not a big loss for me, but I kind of like the idea of retconning the third and fourth movies as being bad dreams, because I loathed Alien3 for almost ruining the first two movies. In my mind, it’s not canon, like I don’t see the Matrix sequels exist. Anyway at least there’s Alien: Covenant and the fourth Predator movie.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.