2015: Great or awful year?

Home Forums Off Topic 2015: Great or awful year?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Mr.K Mr.K 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

With the year ending, I want to know from you guys if 2015 was a year to be dead or alive and if 2015 left any meaningful impact for next year. From movies, games, books, video games, controversies and just the unexpected events that has transpired throughout the coming months, this is where we discuss everything related to this year alone like any form of media caught you by surprise or an event that we never thought would happen but did and everyone rejoiced for a special celebration.

Grab those drinks cause we are about to have one hell of a long discussion, folks!:

I. FUCKING. LOVE. THIS. SONG.

"The world is merciless and it's also very beautiful."

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

Since this is becoming too lonely, I’ll start mine:

GOOD:

Mario Maker being so addictive to play while creating and sharing levels to the world and getting free DLC updates

Mad Max: Fury Road proving that not all female characters have to be obnoxious dipshits being attention whores and screaming “WE ARE EMPOWERED CAUSE WE WOMEN ARE COOLER THAN MEN”! *cough* Spy, Pitch Perfect and Sisters *cough*

Same sex marriage finally being legal in the US. Suck on that, society.

South Park Season 19 mocking safe spaces, SJW’s, PC, children objectification, ads and hipster gentrification PERFECTLY WELL

I went to Italy, France and Switzerland. It’s personal but it’s a positive thing worth mentioning.

BAD:

PC and SJW’s being more popular than ever including censorship (AKA The DOA Extreme 3 debacle)

Film critics and reviewers shoving more “we need more PC, gender and racial diversity” feels agenda to their film reviews.

Disney becoming more desperate than ever with boring average CG movies and a shit-ton of unnecessary live action remakes based on their animated properties until 2020. Dear God.

The Paris ISIS attacks.

MARVEL being too much of a control freak lately and fucking up the animation department AGAIN.

Too many female centered comedies centering around being obnoxious and go “GIRL POWER IS COOLER THAN MEN POWER” rather than making good female comedies.

So yes, 2015 has been a mixed year. While there is stuff that I enjoyed and will remember for a long time, 2015 was a year with more bad stuff than good with the rise of these SJW’s and PC ever being popular while trying to silence us for “the greater good” and Hollywood just being Hollywood, I don’t have any hopes for next year being as good as 2014.

Nat
    Nat
    Participant

Good:

Went to New York… that was pretty cool 😛

Marty McFly and Doc Brown arrived in the Future (on the day I arrived in NY in fact)

Passed my Theory Test for my driving license

Moved into a new house

Deadpool trailer

Sherlock special announced and given release date

Bad:

Silent Hills cancelled

McDonald’s job

Not being able to attend comic con this year and meet Michael J Fox or Christopher Lloyd (because I iz broke)

ISIS scares eminent since Paris attacks

Silent Hills cancelled (I know I already said it, but dammit, I’m STILL NOT OVER IT!!!)

- There was a signature here... it's gone now...

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

@natnatno1 I forgot about Silent Hills cancellation (damn it) but yeah, that was the biggest middle finger in this year.

Mental Gentleman
    Mental Gentleman
    Participant

My thought, it can go either way.
    Bad?
    I’m sorry, but i thought the new Star Wars move was terrible. Mostly as they ‘Killed off’ Han.
    Good?

Then there’s that the whole ‘Video games are bad’ Stuff is dying down a bit.

Then again, this is the internet! Where nobody could give a shit about my opinion! Still, Great points, all of you. Or, Rather,Both of you.

We are in fact, all worms. i believe myself to be a glowworm.

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

My thought, it can go either way.
    Bad?
    I’m sorry, but i thought the new Star Wars move was terrible. Mostly as they ‘Killed off’ Han.
    Good?

Then there’s that the whole ‘Video games are bad’ Stuff is dying down a bit.

Then again, this is the internet! Where nobody could give a shit about my opinion! Still, Great points, all of you. Or, Rather,Both of you.

Thanks!

V-Tundra
    V-Tundra
    Participant

Well…

Good
    -Gay marriage legal on the US
    -París climate change meeting
    -Star Wars VII (meh… at least it came out)
    -“Back to the future” date

Bad
    -ISIS París attacks
    -Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton running for US presidency
    -Volkswagen emissions scandal
    -Silent Hills canceled
    -Halo 5
    -Mortal Kombat falls to the “Day one DLC” and “Announcing DLC before finishing the fucking game” bullshit gimmick

I’d say 2015 was in the middle, slightly falling to bad.

"The universe is one big joke, and the joke is on us"

KahunaDrake
    KahunaDrake
    Participant

For me, everything was good until August rolled around.

It was a fine year but it could have been better.

But no use crying over spilt milk! 2016 is here and with it comes new opportunities.

The personal highlight for 2015 was attending my first game jam and I can’t wait to do another.

This year I want to focus on working with Unity and programming in C# and working on my novel.

Rabid ecstasy, 1997

Mr.K
    Mr.K
    Participant

For me, everything was good until August rolled around.

It was a fine year but it could have been better.

But no use crying over spilt milk! 2016 is here and with it comes new opportunities.

The personal highlight for 2015 was attending my first game jam and I can’t wait to do another.

This year I want to focus on working with Unity and programming in C# and working on my novel.

Really awesome to hear, Kahuna!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.